Today's turbos

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my old Turbo Dodges (Daytona's, Lancer's, Omni's you get the idea) were water cooled. The original cars all had Garrett turbos, 85ish to 87ish. In 88ish only the intercooled cars, Turbo II, got the Garrett. The non intercooled cars, Turbo I, got the Mitsubishi.
The Garrett was a better unit.

The LTG 2.0 turbo in the Malibu is water cooled.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
All of my old Turbo Dodges (Daytona's, Lancer's, Omni's you get the idea) were water cooled. The original cars all had Garrett turbos, 85ish to 87ish. In 88ish only the intercooled cars, Turbo II, got the Garrett. The non intercooled cars, Turbo I, got the Mitsubishi.
The Garrett was a better unit.

The LTG 2.0 turbo in the Malibu is water cooled.

which one did the 84 chrysler laser have?

found it: Garrett T03 turbocharger with a mechanical wastegate in 1985 they went to a computer controlled waste gate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
found it: Garrett T03 turbocharger with a mechanical wastegate in 1985 they went to a computer controlled waste gate.

Yeah, I don't know how well the mechanical wastegate worked. All mine were 85 or better. The computer controlled ones worked pretty good.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: lexus114

Yeah, I don't know how well the mechanical wastegate worked. All mine were 85 or better. The computer controlled ones worked pretty good.

my 84 laser xe worked great! even the dealership told me i had virtually no turbo lag in that car....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back