Favorite Small Block of all time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

I know we have all sorts of different age generations on this board. What is your favorite small block engine of all time? My Dad has a 1970 Dart Swinger with the 340 4 barrel set up. He ended up putting a bigger cam in the engine after warranty was over he told me. That car is a flat out screamer. Till this day that is MY favorite small block of all time.

Last edited:
Plus another one for the Mopar 340. They'll take almost anything you can throw at 'em.

Love me some steel crank and shaft mount rockers!

They're all pretty good. My two favorite are the old 340ci mopars (late 60's to early 70's) and the GM LSX 346 ci (1998-on).

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
383 chevy.
Not a factory displacement, but cool anyways.

It is today...

383 cubic inches is roughly 6.2 liters...

I've always owned Fords, and loved the 289-302 series of engines. When tuned well, they are fun.

However, when it comes to a really fun small block engine, I'm going to have to go with the 7.0L LS7 engine that started out in the Z06 Corvette. Sure, it's 427 cubic inches, and that's what makes it so great. Just enough power, everywhere.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
LS3 in my Chevy SS Sedan. How many V8 Stick shift sedans are available now...in the future?

Agree the Chevy LS series is awesome 400+ horse from the factory and 600 horse is relatively easy to achieve and the motor is perfectly streetable.

Originally Posted By: emmett442
Plus another one for the Mopar 340. They'll take almost anything you can throw at 'em.

Love me some steel crank and shaft mount rockers!

Yep ... BiL had the T/A ... four bolt mains IIRC ... liked to snap my head against those rock hard head rests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back