Walnut blasting dyno results

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the Odometer (Kms) reading up to this point?

And what was the owner's driving style to get those deposits? Gentle or aggressive? etc?

Why calculate CHP when you can simply show us the exact WHP measured by the dyno?

How many runs did you do before and after? Were the conditions exactly the same for the before and after runs?

@gathermewool

We always use crank hp. The superflow always corrects to 1000mbar ambient pressure and 20 degrees celsius so yes the conditions are always thesame. Is was measured 1 day after eachother and the weather was thesame as the day before.

The power was reproducable every time again so it was a fair measurement.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
cool pics, some of the worst valves I have seen!!

Back in the days of pushrod engines and carburettors, I've seen intake valves so carboned up the engine would hardly get off idle. We would chip it off using another valve, and finish on the wire brush...with the sweet taste of lead in your mouth. Um...even chipped them off in place, I can admit that 35 years later. So not new, and not restricted to GDI.

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

What was the Odometer (Kms) reading up to this point?

And what was the owner's driving style to get those deposits? Gentle or aggressive? etc?

Driving style i don't know. My dad just recently bought it. But its a PSA/BMW engine that is known for intake deposits.

Originally Posted By: Alex_V
Buy a new car that's more efficient and powerful thanks to the technology of direct injection... for the first 30,000 miles.

My 158k mile MS3 performed the same(based on in-gear acceleration runs) as it did at 30k miles.

Originally Posted By: Tommiee
@gathermewool

We always use crank hp. The superflow always corrects to 1000mbar ambient pressure and 20 degrees celsius so yes the conditions are always thesame. Is was measured 1 day after eachother and the weather was thesame as the day before.

The power was reproducable every time again so it was a fair measurement.

Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like you guys did everything right, if the results were repeatable (I assumed a single-run-to-single-run comparison - sorry). This shows a massive change! Some guys spend hundreds just to tune their ECM/ECU for this kind of gain. It seems almost inconceivable how such little carbon buildup in a forced-induction engine can have such a drastic effect on output.

I'm still not understanding why you guys use CHP over WHP. Why calculate drive-train losses when the rollers and measuring equipment can simply measure what the wheels are outputting (i.e., what you're actually producing for usable power, to the road)? Is CHP a European thing or just where you are (I guess it could be big here, for all I know - I'm not super knowledgeable, which is why I'm asking)? Seems like it's only good for bragging rights, whereas WHP will offer numbers for direct comparison to other vehicles (e.g., one car COULD BE faster than another, if the area under the usable curve is better suited for a specific type of driving and it does not weigh more or have some other detractor, such as AS tires vs super stick Summers, etc.)

Finally, I'm not familiar with dyno software correction tables, but I've seen some instances in other fields where it's best to maintain conditions as close to the same as possible, because a significant amount of error could be introduced from converting using correction factors. Any idea of the practical error in dyno correction factors?

Test.

On my phone and laptop I see my post as the last post of page 1 (post % 4672950). When I click on page 2, it shows nothing; a blank page...

Edit: now I see this post as the last post of page 1, with nothing on page 2...weird.
21.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back