Awkward family reunions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
http://www.ntd.tv/2018/02/19/daughter-sets-up-father-to-be-carjacked-by-2-other-teens/

Looking at the photo mug-shot, the girl looks very young and innocent appearing.

I think the reality is far from that.

Read the article. Dad has daughter in car. They get carjacked and kidnapped. Drive to the home. Dad gets out of car and bolts to front door, and locks it, leaving his daughter outside with the attackers! What kind of dad would abandon his own daughter with thugs; so innocent appearing?

Now watch the video. Pay close attention to the video towards the end. When the daughter is taken into custody, she does not cry, whine, complain, deny or even flinch. And, her dad standing there didn't object at all, either.

I am willing to go out on a limb here and guess these are true conditions:
1) not her first time in cuffs
2) no shock on her part for being arrested, because she's adept in the "system", and knows her complicit nature in the crime

My guess is that she's a problem child and has been in trouble before. When the carjacking happened, dad's "sixth sense" kicked in and suspected his daughter was culpable. Hence, he bolted for the door and locker her outside. Can I prove this? Not at this point. But 23 years of LEO experience makes me able to read between the lines. Clearly the cops at the scene had probable cause for the arrest; that didn't come out of the blue, and dad didn't complain one bit. She didn't object one bit.

And, it is quite possible that murder was the ultimate intent. They told him to drive back to his house. Their identity was not obscured that we know of. Who robs a person at gunpoint and kidnaps them, but does not cover their face? They probably were going to kill him, and with no "witness" (daughter plays innocent) there's no trail to follow in terms of identity.

Pictures can be deceiving; she's not nearly as innocent as she looks in that photo. She's evil.

$75,000 bail/bond. Dad and mom (presumably a mother present?) are not going to pony up the funds for her. She's 17; probably will be in the system long enough to make it to 18, and they can kick her out. Or maybe even have enough to claim "emancipation" and get her out prior to 18. Making for an awkward family reunion.

Last edited:
Not surprising. I don't know what the answer is for the problems that are being raised in this country today, but we better figure it out. It certainly isn't going to cure itself. IMO, it's time to quit being a country of pansies and get tough on crime. We have a huge group running around in this country whining about a crooked justice system. That's just talking points they get from their candied internet lieutenants.

The girl is 17. She is a minor. The parents should be held 100% responsible. You can see that they aren't.

Oh yeah, this thread won't last long....another reason why this country is like it is. People are scared of hearing the truth....

Originally Posted By: thooks
Not surprising. I don't know what the answer is for the problems that are being raised in this country today, but we better figure it out. It certainly isn't going to cure itself. IMO, it's time to quit being a country of pansies and get tough on crime. We have a huge group running around in this country whining about a crooked justice system. That's just talking points they get from their candied internet lieutenants.

The girl is 17. She is a minor. The parents should be held 100% responsible. You can see that they aren't.

Kind of ironic to suggest we hold her parents accountable in this case ...
She set up her own dad to be robbed at gunpoint. Is it your assertion that she was taught this by her own parents?

Last edited:
Their little angel. I just want to know what happened to this cherub to get to this point. Babies don't start out like this. This is my rant. What has happened to our culture that it creates such toxic teens. many factors have to fall bad to get to this point. Parents!Raise your babies better. Or they may do you in. Late teens is an awkward age, but...sheesh.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
All this took place about 5 miles from where I work.

Any further details you can shed? Often local media will have a tad more intel that national media. (after we sort out the garbage info, of course).

And I thought it was bad they voted against parents spending 10’s of thousands putting them through college

Originally Posted By: dnewton3

She set up her own dad to be robbed at gunpoint. Is it your assertion that she was taught this by her own parents?

Start (I mean get back to) holding the parents accountable for their minor children and their actions and see what happens...

Originally Posted By: thooks

Start (I mean get back to) holding the parents accountable for their minor children and their actions and see what happens...

Did both parents raise this girl? Better than 50% chance ...NOT!

All this took place about 5 miles from where I work.

Any further details you can shed? Often local media will have a tad more intel that national media. (after we sort out the garbage info, of course).

Here is our local report .

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/update-teen-robbery-friday-night/

That is one wildly different story than the OP. Shockingly different in so many ways. I assume the local one is accurate and the OP link is "fake news", but wow...

I mean come on....

Quote:
NTD Story:
A 17-year-old girl orchestrated a carjacking against her own father with the help of two other teenagers in Montgomery County, Texas.

Quote:
Local Story:
Harris County Constables Office were dispatched to the home of Preston Barry who reported that he and his friend Susan Mize had been robbed

Quote:
NTD Story:
While Mize and her father were inside their car, two males approached them and held them at gunpoint to gain entry to the car, NBC affiliate KPRC reported. The father was forced to drive to their home and give the males more money.

Quote:
Local Story:
While at the park, Preston and Susan met with a 16 year old black male juvenile who got into the back seat of Preston’s car. While waiting, a 15 year old white male juvenile wearing a mask approached the driver side door of Preston’s car brandishing what Preston believed was a handgun. The 15 year old white male juvenile suspect ordered Preston into the back seat of the vehicle, where the 16 year old juvenile suspect brandished a knife and ordered Preston to be tied up with Susan’s shoelaces. The two males then robbed Preston of the money in his wallet while striking him numerous times and threatening his life with the knife and gun. The two juvenile suspects then drove Preston to the HEB located at 3540 Rayford Road, Spring, Texas where they untied Preston so he could withdraw money from the ATM inside HEB. The 16 year old juvenile suspect accompanied Preston into the store, at which time Preston withdrew money from his account and gave it to the 16 year old juvenile suspect.

The suspect and Preston return to the car, at which time Preston is tied back up with Susan’s shoe laces. The suspect’s then take Susan home per her request. Susan is dropped off at her residence, but never called 911 to report what was happening to Preston.

Preston tells the suspects that he has more money at his residence and will give it to the suspects if they take him home.

Quote:
NTD Story:
After arriving home, the father ran inside, locked the door and phoned the police. It was at this moment that the boys left the girl and fled in the car.

Quote:
Local Story:
The suspects then drive Preston to his residence and let him go inside while they wait in the car. Once inside, Preston locks the door and immediately tells his parents what is going on. At that time, both suspects leave in Preston’s vehicle. Preston’s family then call Harris County Constables Office to report the robbery and what occurred to Preston and Susan.

Quote:
NTD Story:
The two thieves later abandoned the car and escaped into the woods, where one of them sparked a manhunt after firing a gun into the woods.

Quote:
Local Story:
Deputies also located a black and silver gun, but both were actually BB guns.

One of these things has to be "fake news".

Originally Posted By: 4WD
And I thought it was bad they voted against parents spending 10’s of thousands putting them through college

Huh?

There is a lot of people that roam social media influencing teenagers, giving them ideas etc. Plus it's a know fact that heavy social media use leads to depression and other self destructing behaviour. Once a person is in that state of mind, they can do all sorts of crazy things.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
One word, drugs.

I would guess it is for bags of high quality gnocchi since there is an equal amount of evidence to both possibilities.

My sixth sense tells me the girl is a sociopath. Not something you can blame the parents for.
Originally Posted By: andyd
Their little angel. I just want to know what happened to this cherub to get to this point. Babies don't start out like this. This is my rant. What has happened to our culture that it creates such toxic teens. many factors have to fall bad to get to this point. Parents!Raise your babies better. Or they may do you in. Late teens is an awkward age, but...sheesh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back