No free speech Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! Woman leaves note on ambulance and gets arrested!

Now, I don't agree with what the woman did. But, being arrested? Looks like Britain is becoming like their Nazi masters. Oh wait, I forgot the Royal Family was saluting Hitler before the war. Unless, there is more to the story than what is being told.mm

Article

We sometimes forget, the Rights that are protected/violated in our Country. Just thinking!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

It was an asinine thing to do but nothing worth an arrest for offending the sensibilities of a public servant(errr,i mean a govt master)

Free speech has been gone here for some time.

Granted, it typically won't get one arrested, but it'll certainly get one negatively scrutinized.

It doesn't take much to see many double standards in today's pop culture.

That's a good way to ensure that the ambulance will never come for you when you need one.

There is no such thing as an illegally parked emergency vehicle. Also any contact between your car and a police car, fire truck, or ambulance is automatically your fault. That is just how the world works.

Last edited:
As far as I know, there never was any free speech law enacted in Britain ... It's why we wrote one into our founding documents
smile.gif

Free speech is one thing - most often allowed in a political context of some sort. Offending folks in some ways (threatening assault comes to mind), slander, etc - has never been OK ...

There is no such thing as universal free speech. It is conditional and always has been.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Free speech has been gone here for some time.

Granted, it typically won't get one arrested, but it'll certainly get one negatively scrutinized.

It doesn't take much to see many double standards in today's pop culture.

Taking it for granted.

Britain has public order offense laws against intimidation or threats against individuals carrying out public service duties. Personally, I wouldn't view this as free speech whether they have laws on the books against this type of action or not.

It reminds me of a gentleman from the UK who I interact with on another board that thinks the Fourth Amendment is "bollocks". I'm sure the same people who say that this is free speech will be the same ones who criticize differing surveillance and search and seizure laws in the UK.

Bla-bla-bla...even in the US you have the freedom of speech until you say the wrong thing or you step on the wrong person's toes.

I dare you to go into a library or airport and say the word BOMB at more than 70 decibels and we'll see how much freedom of speech you have.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Andy636
I dare you to go into a library or airport and say the word BOMB at more than 70 decibels and we'll see how much freedom of speech you have.
smile.gif

That sort of complete idiocy is NOT covered by the first amendment and never was, either in writing or intent.

Educate yourself.

I've had notes on my car from the same kind of unstable people. Just because they blow the leaves from their yard on to the street, somehow makes them think that portion of the street is theirs.

It says she was arrested for public order offenses. Nothing about free speech. No, free speech in all of Britain isn't under attack.
laugh.gif

Why was the paramedic "very offended"?
While I never got a note like that while I worked on the ambulance, I would have laughed it off and not thought twice about it.
It then sounds like it may have escalated with verbal once the crew came outside.

I drove an ambulance a lifetime ago. There is common sense where you should or shouldn't park. But i'm not familiar with area in question. I never blocked a driveway if I didn't have too or blocked anyone else in. There were no problem areas for parking where I worked. Like I said, there must be more to the backstory. But, nothing was done until it went viral? Maybe idk

Respectfully,

Pajero!

The Constitution limits the government. We in the U.S. are not quite subjects of the throne yet.

Seems like the UK is a bit of a dictatorship in the making.

The woman deserved to be arrested for being ignorant. Free speech shouldnt cover being an [censored].

IBTL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back