Used oil sign in sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like headache. I just set it out next to my recycle bin. The only inconvenient thing is I have to pour it (or coolant) into a milk jug. And God forbid the coolant is yellow/orange/red/blue/pink the idiot recycler will need a note that says "coolant".

Back when I changed my own oil I was taking it to wally but they got all picky about it so I found a couple places that use it to heat their work shops and was much easier to deal with.

If you are that paronoid, you can also dress in a ninja suit and drop it off in the middle of the night.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: Donald
I give it to my indy mechanic and ask for a credit since its one less gallon of heating oil he will need. To date no credit has been given.

How much is a gallon of heating oil? Isn't heating oil just diesel fuel with no dye?

Heating oil is around $2.50/gallon. Heating oil has the dye. I bring him maybe 10 gallons/yr. The Ford diesel is 14 QTs. So I go through a lot of motor oil.

I have a gas well on my property with a large oil collection tank. Just climb the ladder and dump the used oil in the tank.
Figure I can dump about 4,000 gallons in before it's full.

This is what I think is developing:

Industry knows how much oil is produced and/or sold in this country. They know who sells imported oil too. I bet the number is accurate.

Industry knows how much oil is returned for recycling. The difference is irresponsibly disposed of. It's a horrible pollutant.

Pollution is going up while supplied water quality is going down. Treatment is expensive and you still lose some water.

"They" will someday ban the home oil change or really tighten up the recycling process. Expect a substantial deposit when buying oil. You get it back upon recycling the oil....minus some charge for expenses.

Anyone who thinks I'm a bad person for seeing this coming need not respond.

Go to the Paterson (NJ) Falls and look down. You'll see a swirling backwater of motor oil.

How many polluters think they're "real men getting it done". I'm waiting for someone to use the words "PC" or "Snowflake".

I like clean water as cheaply as possible. If you pollute, you are evil.

Lets work together! Ohhh....am I now a "kum-bye-ah"?

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
John Dough
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington, DC

I never give out my real info when people ask and I deem them unimportant enough to get the real info.

Phone number? 123-456-7890 Yeah, they give me weird looks. I don't care. If i WANTED them to call me, they would be friends and family, and I would give them my real number. I don't want them calling me, mailing me, emailing me.

A man after my own heart . Seems way too many folks are way too nosy , now a days . :-(

I am to the age , I like to take an afternoon nap . Can't count the times some one has called and woke me up , wanting to sell me something I do not want ! :-(

Take mine to the local Tractor Supply.
The do have a sign in sheet, enforced by a padlock on the top of the tank.
However, that system was modified by someone. The padlock now serves as the hinge.
An employee demonstrated the modification to me.
Now, I just take the oil to the back of the store and dump it.

Originally Posted By: Kira
This is what I think is developing:

Industry knows how much oil is produced and/or sold in this country. They know who sells imported oil too. I bet the number is accurate.

Industry knows how much oil is returned for recycling. The difference is irresponsibly disposed of. It's a horrible pollutant.

Pollution is going up while supplied water quality is going down. Treatment is expensive and you still lose some water.

"They" will someday ban the home oil change or really tighten up the recycling process. Expect a substantial deposit when buying oil. You get it back upon recycling the oil....minus some charge for expenses.

Anyone who thinks I'm a bad person for seeing this coming need not respond.

Go to the Paterson (NJ) Falls and look down. You'll see a swirling backwater of motor oil.

How many polluters think they're "real men getting it done". I'm waiting for someone to use the words "PC" or "Snowflake".

I like clean water as cheaply as possible. If you pollute, you are evil.

Lets work together! Ohhh....am I now a "kum-bye-ah"?

You're forgetting about engines that burn oil, and people who properly dispose of oil in waste oil furnaces.

I take mine to the local quick-change. Locally owned.

They usually have the 5-gallon buckets off my truck bed and nearly emptied by the time I've gotten out of the truck and walk into the service bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back