Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to see DiBennideto win. He's a good driver working with rear pack equipment. I agree with what Jeff Gordon said about him; if he had an opportunity in some Gibbs or Hendrick equipment, you'd see him at the front of the pack.

It's funny you mention the 3 and Ricky Rudd, because he drove the 3 for at least a season in the early eighties while Earnhardt was driving the fifteen Wrangler Thunderbird for Bud Moore.

Let me see Austin Dillon won a fuel mileage race and now crashing the leader for the win, I actually thought it was a hollow victory lane celebration because Austin and everyone else knows does not have the respect of a winner yet.
TOTO.

Ohh yeah I know that about Rudd driving the #3 for Bud Moore. It was the car number Rudd was driving when he had that really bad wreck at Daytona 500.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I'm conflicted. Nice to see RCR win the race, but Dillon had to drive through Aric Almirola to do it. But on the last lap of the Daytona 500, you don't back off when someone throws a block on you.

Dillon and Bubba were coming through like a fright train, Almirola got himself in the way.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Dillon and Bubba were coming through like a fright train, Almirola got himself in the way.

Tru that

Not watched Nascar for years, I caught the last 15 minutes of the first section, what ever that is ?!?
I didn't get to see any crashes but the racing was as fun as watching trucks overtake each other on the motorway/highway, taking half a lap or so to make a pass.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I'm conflicted. Nice to see RCR win the race, but Dillon had to drive through Aric Almirola to do it. But on the last lap of the Daytona 500, you don't back off when someone throws a block on you.

But I'd bet NASCAR has officials that are making sure Almirola doesn't find his way to Victory Lane.

This. You know NASCAR won’t penalize the 3 car thereby taking away the win. Those fans would have rioted.

But I’m thinking about how IndyCar would handle it if Castroneves is leading out of four heading for the checkers and throws a big blatant block on whoever’s in second. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got penalized and had the win taken away.

NASCAR is like the NHL, all slam bang. Always has been, and always will be. People say about the NHL, "I went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out!"..... With NASCAR it's, "I went to a demolition derby, and all of a sudden right at the end, it turned into a race!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back