Lost my wife to a drunk driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of thing you see on the news and never think it's going to happen to you.

My wife was on her way to her job as a 911 dispatcher Saturday night when she was hit and killed by a suspected drunk driver traveling the wrong direction on the highway. Still in shock here, wishing this was all just a bad dream.

Please everyone, don't drive if you've been drinking.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/02/18/brooklyn-center-wrong-way-fatal-crash/

Horrifying news...my condolences to you and your family.

A drunk killed my sister way back in the '50s, back then DWI was not taken seriously and the man did not even lose his job as a driver. So sad that we still have to hear heartbreaking stories like yours even when society has turned around to see DWI as totally unacceptable behavior.

I am so sorry; she was really beautiful. I lost a very close cousin about 15 years ago to a drunk driver. It’s very difficult.

Sorry to hear. Also always make sure nobody is blowing through the red light when your light turns green. Take a quick look before proceeding. This happens all the time in my area.

Very sorry to hear this. I can’t imagine your pain and I wish there was something we could say or do to help you through this terrible tragedy.

Bob

So horrible and sad. The reality is that you are saddled with pain management for the rest of your life.
The shrinks can't erase your memories.

A high school friend was driving home in the left lane of a state highway.
A drunk driver with passengers in his car drove the wrong way on an exit ramp and ended up going the wrong way (head on) in my friend's lane.
He hit the errant car, killing the drunk driver.

The stupid newspaper published my friend's name and he began receiving freaky phone calls.

With the dawn of cell phones I thought drunk driving would vanish. Silly me.

Such awful news! I am so sorry to hear this. So young and so much life ahead for your wife and yourself.

I cannot imagine your pain. My sincere deepest sympathy and prayers go out to you and family.

God bless you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back