Just installed Roku express, no WiFi detection....

Status
Not open for further replies.
any chance you are on Spectrum?

I was online with a rep and we were able to fix it. The ROKU had an update that I had not installed and it made the Spectrum app not work. To fix it correctly, you have to delete the Spectrum app from your ROKU channels. Go to the settings part of the ROKU and install the latest update. Then reinstall the Spectrum app and do all you login stuff. It worked.

Originally Posted By: philipp10

To fix it correctly, you have to delete the Spectrum app from your ROKU channels. Go to the settings part of the ROKU and install the latest update. Then reinstall the Spectrum app and do all you login stuff. It worked.
Ok, I'll do this tomorrow. Thanks

Dave, just a word of caution. If you have to talk to Roku support, make sure it is the actual Roku support. Ask me how I know. Long story. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: philipp10

I was online with a rep and we were able to fix it. The ROKU had an update that I had not installed and it made the Spectrum app not work. To fix it correctly, you have to delete the Spectrum app from your ROKU channels. Go to the settings part of the ROKU and install the latest update. Then reinstall the Spectrum app and do all you login stuff. It worked.
Whrere do I find the settings? I turned it on and I get the language settings ,hit ok,then it starts scanning for wireless networks

Last edited:
bump. I disconnected power to device,turned on tv, then connected power to Roku then i get "select language,then it goes to scan again. How do I get the settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back