[Cut Open] Microgreen MG-101-7 1783mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Acura came to visit today and I noted it was lower on oil than is typical for it to burn at this point.

Got it up on ramps and took a look, good bit of oil on engine/filter/pan. Oil hanging off filter and all around base.

Cleaned it up and let it run a bit, nothing immediately apparent but filter base near gasket shiny. Elected to change the filter.

Upon removal noted that O ring feels uneven though no obvious damage.

MG1017a.jpg

MG1017b.jpg

MG1017c.jpg

MG1017d.jpg

MG1017e.jpg

MG1017f.jpg

MG1017g.jpg

MG1017h.jpg

MG1017i.jpg

MG1017j.jpg

MG1017k.jpg

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
That sure looks like a well constructed oil filter. Are they expensive?

Initially, yes. Around $12. They're supposedly designed to last for 30k mile intervals. The pleats are a little too wavy and spaced recklessly (based on the OP's 1800 miles) for my tastes to run for anywhere near that mileage.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Macgyver452

Initially, yes. Around $12. They're supposedly designed to last for 30k mile intervals.

They are actually recommended to change every 10,000 miles ... which is supposed to make the oil last 30K.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Macgyver452

Initially, yes. Around $12. They're supposedly designed to last for 30k mile intervals.

They are actually recommended to change every 10,000 miles ... which is supposed to make the oil last 30K.

Wait, what?
crazy2.gif

Microgreens whole thing is their claim that you can run a 30,000 mile oci by using three of their filters, changing the filter only every 10,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back