Toyota oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is selling 10 Toyota filters and crush washers (for my Lexus and many other V6es) for $34.
Good deal?

The filters are made overseas, but I guess if they are Toyota branded there is nothing to worry.

eh, even a Fram orange can is better than those Thailand-made OEM Toyota filters. Remember, even the orange cans now have a silicone ADBV
smile.gif

Yes, they're wonderful filters. I used them on my Lexus RX and cut them open. The filters from the Lexus dealer was different than from the Toyota filter.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Yes, they're wonderful filters. I used them on my Lexus RX and cut them open. The filters from the Lexus dealer was different than from the Toyota filter.

These are cartridges, not filters actually.
s-l300.jpg

Originally Posted By: ford46guy
... These are cartridges, not filters actually.
How exactly are cartridge filters "not filters actually"?

Yes it's a good deal. I got the same deal on the 04152-YZZA6 filters. Went back to OEM after I used my last Fram Ultra and couldn't find them under $10.

Originally Posted By: funflyer
Yes it's a good deal. I got the same deal on the 04152-YZZA6 filters. Went back to OEM after I used my last Fram Ultra and couldn't find them under $10.

I think the gasket alone is close to 3.40 retail if you walk into a dealer. That is the price of one filter.

Someone is selling 10 Toyota filters and crush washers (for my Lexus and many other V6es) for $34.
Good deal?

The filters are made overseas, but I guess if they are Toyota branded there is nothing to worry.

That is a great deal on excellent filters.

Originally Posted By: CR94
... These are cartridges, not filters actually.
How exactly are cartridge filters "not filters actually"?

I guess that was a bad way to describe them. A oil filter to me is the traditional metal can :lol:. I guess these are cartridge filters!

Originally Posted By: newtoncd8
Good deal?

That is a great deal on excellent filters.

I went for them, can't go wrong for that price. I do 5K ocis, should be more than sufficient. Good enough for Lexus, good enough for me.

Originally Posted By: funflyer
... I got the same deal on the 04152-YZZA6 filters. Went back to OEM after I used my last Fram Ultra and couldn't find them under $10.
Genuine 04152-YZZA6's are $3 apiece via Amazon, including shipping and O-ring, if you by a case of 10. Some dealers charge a lot more than others.

These are cartridges, not filters actually.
s-l300.jpg

Oh, the cartridge. In that case, get Mahle
smile.gif

Great filters for the price, I've used them many times on my Tacoma without a problem one to report. If you can get a case of them, say you change your oil twice annually, that's 5 years worth of oil changes for one vehicle! I was going to go this route before discovering the FU, however.

Originally Posted By: snoofer
Where are the "Crush Washers" used...?

Oil pan drain plug.

Great deal! I use these filters at 10k OCI in both my Lexus ES and my 2015 4Runner. After 10k the filters look like new.

Yes they are a great deal. I buy from that seller on a regular basis. The drain plug gaskets he provides are from Mark automotive, but they work fine.

Its only a good deal if you end up using them all. If you had 2 applicable vehicles it would be better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back