Mazda6 PCV valve replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
...done!

But still I need a help. I have several questions. Once I opened it all and take manifold out I think it is a good moment to cover all the bases that can help prolong the life span of my Mazda

first, what would be most beneficial job to do to the valves and to the manifold; what to look for, what to do, and how to clean it please

second, I have engine mounts ready; so my question is if I replace them tomorrow, is there any order how to do this procedure and should I tight them individually one at the time or simply just replace them first leaving them all lose then tight them all together

third, should I clean fuel injectors, and what it the most beneficial way to do so, or get the new ones please

Im thankful for your constructive responses and help!

PS.
Needless to say, PCV valve found to be in good working condition, but refreshing some parts on my car was on my to do list for a while now.

and of course some pictures

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pics.

It seems like a pain in the butt to replace a PCV valve. I am not surprised though, it's a Mazda.

That's why I hate to work on a Mazda, especially newer ones. They make everything "unserviceable" or really hard to replace. For instance, a friend of mine's 2012 Mazda 3 doesn't have a friggin drain plug for the coolant. You have to take off radiator hose to drain and fill through the reservoir.

By the way, I'd also replace the intake manifold gasket.

Get some throttle body cleaner spray. Squirt some on a cloth and wipe away. I wouldn't recommend you go too deep. You won't reach the valves to clean them evenly all the way around. Plus messing around down there could potentially damage the valve seals and make things worse after all your hard work.

Support the engine, remove old engine mounts. Install me mounts and tighten them to the same spot the old ones were. Tighten snugly and once all are in place, go back and tighten fully.

Unless you remove the injectors and take them to get professionally cleaned, you risk doing more harm then good by trying to clean them yourself. Unless the car was running poorly prior to your service, why touch them? This is why running good fuel + a maintenance dose of a quality fuel injector cleaner every once in a while is a good thing.

I Thank You guys!

yes, I have new gaskets for manifold;

also, that was my concern, how far i should go inside before I mess up the things; I was considering to use a throttle body cleaner, MAF sensor cleaner or even gasoline to clean it out; I was considering use the same procedure for manifold flaps too, but again I don't want to kill it

Motor mounts ill be replacing one at the time, and of course once they all set in the place ill tight them to specification

my fuel injectors are not bad, the same goes for PVC valve but I am willing to pay some $$ to have peace of mind if I want to keep the car for another 70K for example

and yes, it took me 5hrs before I take it out; in the beginning I was considering removal of radiator and fans for extra space but after close evaluation I did it by removing the manifold with its 7 screws with no extra space, less time consuming option perhaps, but now everything is accessible

Last edited:
I just want to follow u with you guys

I put intake manifold together; it took me another 5-6 hrs; also I ordered new fuel injectors;

like I said I wanted to replace the engine mounts today too but after the examination one of the most difficult mount, the one that sits at the top of the transmission, I gave up up this time because that back screw that it holds attach to the frame of the car was extremely inaccessible, perhaps another 5-6hrs just for that one; so ill do it sometime next time

Thanks for all your suggestions and words of support!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back