My Yahoo issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to change the content,move fields or change background when in My Yahoo. Not sure when this happened but, at one time I had control over the My Yahoo. Suggestions on how to correct this problem would be most appreciated. Ed Hayes

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I'm about ready to ditch Yahoo, too.
They are my web host and I will be dumping them soon too. Far too many outages and weird glitches.

Agree with everyone's assessment. I started using them 20 years ago when I needed an email for unimportant things that I didn't mind getting spammed on. That is about all they are good for anymore. I wouldn't trust anything important with them after their data breach that they covered up for years and then decided to tell users about 2 years later.

could not have said it better myself!
Originally Posted By: tmorris1
Agree with everyone's assessment. I started using them 20 years ago when I needed an email for unimportant things that I didn't mind getting spammed on. That is about all they are good for anymore. I wouldn't trust anything important with them after their data breach that they covered up for years and then decided to tell users about 2 years later.

Windows 10 allows you to add yahoo accounts natively so that will keep yahoo around. I have both yahoo email and gmail but recently switched over to google for business and still get emails on yahoo. This isn't going away folks, don't want to depict it thru this anyway.

Last edited:
My YAHOO is back to normal after a couple of hours.-Yaaaa. Possibly they were doing an update or? Ed

Last edited:
You must have stock in Yahoo Eddie. You've stuck with it - thru many storms and only a few peaks of sunshine in the past several years.
Most-all of us abandoned their email ship years ago.

Yahoo has had enough hacks over the last few years I completely fail to understand why there are still people who have stuck around with it, from an infosec perspective.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Yahoo has served me well for many years with very few surprises. Maybe I'm just lucky. Ed

You think you are lucky, but every single Yahoo account has had it's credentials compromised in the last few years, whether you are aware of it or not

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Yahoo has served me well for many years with very few surprises. Maybe I'm just lucky. Ed

Considering all the threads you started on various Yahoo issues over the years, one might arrive at a different conclusion.
smile.gif

Older people are stuck in their ways for better or worst. Unfortunately it is really hard for cloud based software because the development quits supporting their favorite browser (IE something) or software changes up and the account is FREEEEEE.

My dad also clings onto his yahoo account for dear life. Everything got better when he went thru pain of getting/transitioning to a MacBook Air used and now uses the apple apps(messages for text & mail for email) which are very consistent at least and gets his email through that instead of the flaky web interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back