Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone going to watch the Daytona 500? I have no idea who's driving what, who's on the pole, who one the clash, or who won the qualifier's. I haven't kept up with NASCAR since last spring, but I'm probably going to have the 500 on. Probably will be the only race I see this year unless I catch one of the road course races.

Originally Posted By: Red91
Is anyone going to watch the Daytona 500?

I'll watch it until the yellow comes out, (which should be about 60% of the race). Then I guess I'm stuck with women's curling.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Red91
Is anyone going to watch the Daytona 500?

I'll watch it until the yellow comes out, (which should be about 60% of the race). Then I guess I'm stuck with women's curling.
. Same here, if I catch the last 10 laps, I’m good. On the Curling, my wife wanted to watch it and I actually enjoyed it. It seems to be a combination of shuffle board and pool. With quite a bit of “ next shot strategizing”.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I cannot watch women curling their hair....just too boring.

32.gif
banana2.gif

I'll be watching for sure. I really miss some of the old drivers that are now retiring but there is a great batch of new drivers that will make it exciting.
I don't follow it quite as much as a few years back but I still enjoy throwing a couple cold ones back and watching with my sons.

A lot of Mobil 1 usually 0 or 10 in qualifying maybe something as thick as a 30 in the race. Remember they have about 6 gallons of oil in the dry sump behind the driver's seat.

Chase Elliot is looking strong early. He has #9 (just like his diddy) on his Chevy Camaro (which is not like his diddy).

And the Eliott Sadler Bonehead Move of Stage 1 goes to......

Denny Hamlin! For completely overshooting hs pit under caution and no pressure. Then, only backing up part way and getting a lap penalty for servicing outside his pit. What a Maroon! His IQ is on the side of his car!

And don't forget the spotters.... Lower! Lower! Lower! Lower!... Outside! Outside! Outside! Outside!..... Clear! Clear! Clear! Clear!... Where is Kimi Räikkönen when we need him?.. "Leave me alone! I know what I'm doing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back