first walmart battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looking at all those places as well. Then my Toyota dealer had an 84 month factory battery I opted for. My first one lasted more than the 84 months. Installed with tax $129.xx.

Good luck with that Walmart Everstart Maxx! I had to replace one on my wife’s KIA at 16 months. When the replacement chokes, I’ll be switching to an East Penn made battery. I have had bad luck with every Johnson Control battery I’ve ever bought.

Got Walmart Deep Cycles in my RV And boat. The boat battery seems to go through a bit of water but it was pretty hot last summer. I keep them in my heated garage and top up the charge twice during the winter.

Does your battery look the one in that link?? Or does it have no vent caps on top of it?? Being where your location is I would think you would have gotten a East Penn made battery... My Wally world has the East Penn made ones.. and I'm a whole farther way away from East Penn manufacturing than you are.

I think they're JCI around here. The ValuPower ones seem to be a JCI design but made in Korea. The last time I saw one of those I saw one with a crack in the corner and it was leaking out acid.

I have been getting "discounted/used" Interstate batteries from the local dedicated Interstate dealer at a really good discount.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Or does it have no vent caps on top of it?? Being where your location is I would think you would have gotten a East Penn made battery... My Wally world has the East Penn made ones..

I would buy a walmart battery if it came from East Penn/ Deka

I noticed the Johnson Control style manufactur date stickers on all the Walmart batteries in my area.

Don't know if these were still made in the USA.

Been running WM Maxx batteries forever and all have given me good power.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
First walmart battery in 27 years of driving.

Under 100 bucks, 3 year free replacement, walmarts are everywhere and open all the time. Why not.

Looked at napa, bj's, advanced, autozone, sears, ended up with walmart. Hoping for the best.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Maxx-Lead-Acid-Automotive-Battery-Group-Size-24F/49988378

This is a JCI manufacturer battery. No question.

That description is also just a stock photo, from who knows how many years back.
Even one of the posters underneath said it no longer has the CCI that is advertised on the link.

My valupower is on its third winter and cranked my F150 over with 10w30 in it after a -17'F overnight and a week of not running.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I looking at all those places as well. Then my Toyota dealer had an 84 month factory battery I opted for. My first one lasted more than the 84 months. Installed with tax $129.xx.

I have had good luck with factory toyota batteries, but this time the one in the rav4 lasted only 3 years. Usually get 7 years.
I don't think the dealer battery is the same as the factory installed, but I could be wrong.

It is a East Penn battery then. Very good for you. I figured given how close you are to East Penn manufacturing that they would be supplying your Wally World. My Wally World started getting the East Penn made battery about over a year ago.

I used to buy Optima Batteries before Johnson Controls bought Optima. I have had the pre-Johnson Optimas last more than 10 years in my cars. Now, after I had multiple late model Optimas die before 3 years, I will not buy any more Optimas.

This begs the question. How do I tell whether a Walmart battery is made by Johnson versus East Penn?

I am great service from a Deka branded battery in my Toyota Pickup. 5 years and going strong...

Originally Posted By: frankbee3
I used to buy Optima Batteries before Johnson Controls bought Optima. I have had the pre-Johnson Optimas last more than 10 years in my cars. Now, after I had multiple late model Optimas die before 3 years, I will not buy any more Optimas.

This begs the question. How do I tell whether a Walmart battery is made by Johnson versus East Penn?

I am great service from a Deka branded battery in my Toyota Pickup. 5 years and going strong...

East Penn flooded car batteries almost always have a flush top with those odd shaped prongs at the end of the cover.

s-l1600.jpg

Johnson Controls batteries typically have an octagonal shaped (with tiny diagonal corners) caps, although they can be flush with the top or sit over the top. JCI isn't unique with the design though.

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
just noticed the picture is not correct. battery is flat top, 725 cca. Not JCI I believe. Made 1/18.

Post a picture, if its JC you just bought a real pig in a poke and passed by some great batteries for a few bucks in savings. If its a Penn then you did good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back