Rate My Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the pleats as wavy when the filter was new? Is that the filter for the Koleos?
What brand?

I noticed Purflux filter's quality is deceasing, ever since most of them are not produced in France anymore (well, I also noticed they were a bit cheaper now). I wasn't a MANN fan before, but switched to them or Mahle recently
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Were the pleats as wavy when the filter was new? Is that the filter for the Koleos?
What brand?

No, the filter was nice and straight when new. It's a Clean Filters, www.clean.it

I'm with you on Purflux VS MANN/Mahle/Knecht

Dirty enough to replace now that you've opened it...

I'd be more concerned with filter placement and the pleats.

Many of those pleats are very close to each other
My filters have more space between the pleats and catch many pieces of bugs, wings, etc
I bet your air box has quite a bit of bug debris in the bottom
Well at least here in AL we have a lot of bugs that would end up in my airbox with that filter
Does not look overly dirty or filthy to me. How long has it been in use?

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Many of those pleats are very close to each other
My filters have more space between the pleats and catch many pieces of bugs, wings, etc
I bet your air box has quite a bit of bug debris in the bottom
Well at least here in AL we have a lot of bugs that would end up in my airbox with that filter
Does not look overly dirty or filthy to me. How long has it been in use?

It catched many things, but this picture was AFTER I blown compressed air at 100+ psi reverse flow to use that filter 2 more days before I can replace it.

Some leafs in the bottom of the airbox. Vacuumed them.

30000 km of use, but really dirty environment (lot of off road), humid/rainy weather, and EGR off all contributes to clogging that filter.

I would replace it - it looks to have the integrity of the structure compromised.

What options are available for replacements available on Réunion Island??

Clean Filters (ok+), Purflux/OEM (ok), NPS (act like a clogged filter when new, throw limp mode), Klaxcar (tear junk).

Washable BMC panel.

Otherwise we have mail 😀

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Looks like the seal might have been compromised on the right-hand side. It has seriously deformed
crazy2.gif

I don't know why but the filter holder (black on the picture, that goes inside the filter box) is bent itself. Maybe the filter box is bent in the bottom, because excessive heat or something. I don't know.

Originally Posted By: Superflan
Looks like the seal might have been compromised on the right-hand side. It has seriously deformed
crazy2.gif

I don't know why but the filter holder (black on the picture, that goes inside the filter box) is bent itself. Maybe the filter box is bent in the bottom, because excessive heat or something. I don't know.

Interesting. You can see in your 2nd pic though (of the filter holder?) that the seal on the filter itself is pulling away from the left-hand side of that box. Is it still sealing there?

Interesting. You can see in your 2nd pic though (of the filter holder?) that the seal on the filter itself is pulling away from the left-hand side of that box. Is it still sealing there?

Still sealing when inserted, the shoulder in the airbox where the seal is pushed against when closing the box is really wide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back