Amsoil Brake Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Sunday morning to you all.

Has anyone here used Amsoil Brake Fluid? Wondering how it holds up against other brands out there.

Thanks!

It's hard to say how much better it might be than other DOT 3/4 fluids out there unless you had a super-demanding application such as racing to test how well it performs. I cover all my bases with Vavloline DOT 3/4 fluid when on sale for 5 or 6 bucks a quart. It has never let me down for any non-racing applications and costs considerably less than Amsoil.

I flush out all brake fluid when replacing either the brake pads or shoes. This keeps the fluid clean and keeps the water content of hygroscopic brake fluid to a minimum. To me, replacing most of the brake fluid once in a while is more important than which fluid you use, especially here in humid South Carolina.

If you're going to track race your car then, using a brake fluid such as Amsoil or speciality brands will probably out perform any over the counter fluids.

I have only used store brand brake fluid from AAP & W*M for the last 25 years and I can't complain. As the matter of fact, my brakes in all of my vehicles in the last 25 years feel awesome, even to those who may drive my vehicle for the day.

To me, most off the shelf brake fluid is brake fluid. Amsoil's specific fluid may be for super hard core braking that doesn't include my type of driving style even when I can become aggressive.

SIDE NOTE:

It's really too, too coincidental that the name "Amsoil" (with its patchwork-network of retailers) so closely matches that of another labor intensive marketer 'Amway".

The founder of Amsoil was Al Amatuzio, an Italian name. It was originally Amzoil or "Amatuzio's oil". Amway came from something like "AMerica's WAY". They dropped mention of the word Amway for a number of years due to the immediate negative reaction from many who had been involved or heard the stories. Now it seems they are trying to reinvent Amway with a better response from people. The 2 companies are not related in origin or personnel, as far as I know. I know that no money is made by anyone in Amsoil until product is sold and paid for. No big sign up fees. No money made on just recruiting. No monthly minimums to purchase by dealers.

That being said, Al Amatuzio did use some elements of the network marketing structure Amway uses when he set his own network up back in the 70's.

If you're willing to spend that much on brake fluid, get Ravenol DOT 5.1 or Bosch ESI 6 instead
smile.gif

Some Autozones carry the Bosch ESI6 as well

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy

That being said, Al Amatuzio did use some elements of the network marketing structure Amway uses when he set his own network up back in the 70's.

Al needed a way to market his products, so a lady from Kansas suggested to Al a modified MLM system and it took off.

I know this for a fact because because this lady was my neighbor when I lived in Kansas. She wanted me to become a dealer but I was already formulating and marketing my own products so it would have been a conflict of interest.

Originally Posted By: Kira
It's really too, too coincidental that the name "Amsoil" (with its patchwork-network of retailers) so closely matches that of another labor intensive marketer 'Amway".

As others have stated, these two companies have no linkage whatsoever.

Last edited:
Ahhh good ole Shirley Green... a wonderful lady with great passion and insight. Her clan are still handling her business. I knew her well.
smile.gif
may she continue to RIP.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Al needed a way to market his products, so a lady from Kansas suggested to Al a modified MLM system and it took off.

Yet, people have no problem when Amazon is that middle man, or, worse yet, the Amazon name is used for a third party reseller. I suppose who is part of the multi-level in MLM is what matters to some.
wink.gif

Personally, I'd rather buy from an Amsoil guy who knows his product lines over Amazon, for instance, where I'm not sure whether a 5w-30 ILSAC, 5w-30 A3/B4, 5w-30 C3, or 5w-30 HDEO will arive at my door.

I have always thought Amsoil products were of good quality. The only issue to me is the MLM part. I worked in the corporate office for an MLM for twelve years in purchasing. So, I know the markup necessary to eke out decent profit for the company after paying all those multilevel commissions. Bless you if you can earn a living in MLM. Only the smallest minority of participants do. If the products were sold via retail the prices would be a lot more competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back