Which household cleaner degreaser do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tested many off the shelf household cleaners and degreasers, Purple Power, Awesome, Mr. Clean, others. I like to use it for cleaning my bicycle but also to clean my hands when working on things. The best I ever found was liquid Commercial [censored] n Span sold by a janitorial supply house, which no longer is in business. Since, everything I've used is garbage compared to that. I used to own a janitorial business so I had the opportunity to use a lot of cleaners and test them out. What I got use to and came to expect, when you spray the cleaner on, the dirt and grease should dissolve and run so you can wipe it off without using a scrub pad or brush. It seems today, nothing I use is this way.I

What have you tried, failed, succeeded?

Simple Green.
Strong enough to take chain lube splatter off of a motorcycle wheel, but still biodegradable according to the label.

But the real issue here is political correctness gone too far.
Can’t use the term [censored] N Span?
Really?
I hate this site.

1) I use Purple Power regularly. The sample of Simple Green I had worked about the same but with only a few oz. of the stuff so my experience was limited.

2) The Censored and Span is a good floor cleaner. So is Soilax (red foil box).

Originally Posted By: KzMitch
Simple Green.
Strong enough to take chain lube splatter off of a motorcycle wheel, but still biodegradable according to the label.

But the real issue here is political correctness gone too far.
Can’t use the term [censored] N Span?
Really?
I hate this site.

Can you please PM me with the name of the cleaning product that is too sensitive to be typed on here? I think I know what it is, and may want to try it. Thanx.
smile.gif

I like the Simple Green Pro HD cleaner/degreaser [purple color] even better than the original formula. It is also better and safer for cleaning aluminum than the original formula.

Grabbed several of these on clearance thinking it could degrease whatever … it can

(More of an outdoor kitchen or shop cleaner … not a mop bucket product)

http://breezecleaner.com/
But, too expensive to consider buying it now. Used to be sold in Costco and Smart & Final.

http://www.wastemin.com/discuss/index.ph...ers-stack-up.6/
CRC 14416 HydroForce Industrial Strength Degreaser
is about the best. I don't use it for hand cleaning, but I can still clean with bare hands. Some other degreasers will pull the fat right out of your skin really quickly. This one doesn't do that so quickly that you must use gloves.
It really lowers the surface tension of water.

Zep citrus(orange) cleaner/degreaser from Home Depot will degrease and clean great. Gallon refill bottles too. Dilute for less difficult messes. I've even cleaned brake dust off wheels in a pinch and it kicks butt.

I have used them all- I think.

Totally Awesome is the best stuff i have used.. its $1 at most dollar stores for a pint..

Yesterday i sprayed it on my trailer wheels that were soaked with grease from the bearing slinging grease. No scrubbing no touching..just left it on and sprayed it off. It ate all the grease.

I clean my stove tops and everything that needs that extra wallop.

I have degreased engines and transmissions with it as well- It EATS grease.

I have also cleaned grease stains on concrete with it..

I use a green coconut/corn based product from my local grocery store. 1 quart for 2.19$ and it works better than the chemical stuff. I wouldnt use anything like simple green etc in my kitchen. I do use stronger products for outdoors and occasionally use hydrochloric acid toilet bowl cleaner but rarely and just to get rid of rust rings in the toilet bowl when I go too long without cleaning it. Green products have come along way in the past few years.

EcoLab “Clean Strike” Heavy Duty Degreaser gets my vote. I buy it at Menards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back