People Cheap with Maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bud
SeaJay said:
Maybe somethings wrong with me, but I could care less where other people eat.

Nope, not just you. I have no idea what my neighbors had to eat last night, or past week, or past month...
Don't care either.
I complain about parking fees (Why does a public stadium charge a $12 parking fee, and has been collecting that fee for the past 60 years on millions upon millions of vehicles).
I do complain about park fees (State, not national, none around me).

This does not translate into my car ownership habits. I am cheap when it comes to maintenance, as in I find good deals on parts, but I do it.

Sounds like you need to find another hobby besides worrying about others.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
Originally Posted By: barkingspider
I like KFC
laugh.gif

I do too, it's finger licking good...
lol.gif

KFC is chicken lickin' good!
What part of the chicken do the nuggets come from anyway?
Or do I really want to know?

Fried chicken oil is good for the bio-diesel recyclers!

Originally Posted By: Audios
2% of 2.2 million crashes is still alot!!!! 45k accidents are caused from neglect then.

I deal with the cheap customer all day everyday. People who drive new 2015 and up BMW/Mercedes/Audis and complain about a 300-450$ service on these cars, yet their lease and insurance payment isnt an issue. God forbid they need tires on some of these cars.... Sport package tire size the other day on a GLK was 255/45/21, customer was floored. How could they possibly cost 1600 for 4 tires?!?! I cant afford that! and they head right down the highway to Newark for some used or Chinese junk rubber. And when I write the bills I see they live in an apartment in a poor neighborhood. Gotta love how vain people are now.

I never understood this either. I think the problem is a lot of people who lease or buy those cars can barely afford them anyway, and then the maintenance puts them over the edge.

More than once I had a BMW lease turn-in show up with a new set of Chinese Ditchfinder tires installed...

Annual safety inspections in my state are a good thing. Cars with bald tires, unsafe suspension, non-working items (lights, windshield wipers, horn, turn signals, etc) do not pass inspection until fixed.

Cops don't bother with safety items such as non-working tail lights these days, but do love to give tickets for expired inspection stickers because of the size of the fine and the amount of revenue it brings to the gov't.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Annual safety inspections in my state are a good thing. Cars with bald tires, unsafe suspension, non-working items (lights, windshield wipers, horn, turn signals, etc) do not pass inspection until fixed.

Same here...

In the UK cars have to pass an annual safety inspection, covering lights, brakes, suspension & steering, tires, seat belts, air bags, visibility (wipers, visual obstructions, mirrors). Most of Europe has similar requirements, Germany & Scandinavia rather tougher than most, Which largely eliminates dangerous wrecks. Not completely, there will always be those that just don't care, but it works quite well. Japan has such strict regulations most cars are scrapped by their sixth birthday.
I don't understand how a technically advanced society like the USA doesn't have a practice similar to Europe in place.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Claud
In the UK cars have to pass an annual safety inspection, covering lights, brakes, suspension & steering, tires, seat belts, air bags, visibility (wipers, visual obstructions, mirrors). Most of Europe has similar requirements, Germany & Scandinavia rather tougher than most, Which largely eliminates dangerous wrecks. Not completely, there will always be those that just don't care, but it works quite well. Japan has such strict regulations most cars are scrapped by their sixth birthday.
I don't understand how a technically advanced society like the USA doesn't have a practice similar to Europe in place.

Claud.

Varies, state to state. My state has inspections, but there's some latitude: no brake warning light allowed, but TPMS & airbag lights can be on. Lights, mirrors, door handles etc have to be in good working shape, and not too badly rusted. Seatbelts? Eh... No mandatory seatbelt usage in NH, thus it'd be a bit weird to require their presence. Each state has been free to do as they wish, in this regard.

I believe some of the states did away with inspection for a couple of reasons: didn't have a big impact, and scams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back