9 Year Old Mobil One Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! Mail em over if you don't want them
smile.gif

As long as there is no rust on the threads or baseplate you should be fine.

I also have some I got on clearance probably over 10 years ago,

I have been using them randomly with no issues ever.

If you don't want them, send them my way! My trucks engine calls for that M1 filter part #. I will use one on my engine and the rest will go to people in my community that are low income and can't afford an OCI.
PM me if you don't want them. We can negotiate something.

Nope
31.gif

That is a very common filter size available everywhere at a good price. So, no need to use old filters.

Check out this M1-211 from 2008, which was 8 years old at the time. The media got dark and brittle, and the base plate was starting to rust. Totally not safe to use.

The M1-211 is not a very common filter, the only applications being the Zetec and the Liberty diesel. But Wix still makes filters for them, including the XP, so that is what I use for it now. There is no Fram Ultra for this application (the part number would be XG8316)

But your 209 is *much* more common, and you can much newer stock at the same or even lower price than you paid for those old M1's. Walmart has a orange can Fram PH3600 with a silicone ADBV for under $4, and even the Ultra is a good price, too.

I have been using the M1-209 and Mann 719/12 filters on any and all Toyotas from the 22RE to the 4.7 V8 and everything in between. I usually go 2-3 oil changes per filter change.

Last edited:
You use the same filter, especially an old filter, for more than one OCI?
31.gif

And you said the Manns are the same age as your M1 stash?
crazy2.gif

There's nothing wrong with either Mann or M1, but using an old filter, especially a very common one, doesn't seem like a good idea.

What OCI do you use?

You have 40 left and you go 2-3 oil changes on each of them? You'll be 200 years old before you get to use them all up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back