Best and worst car seats you have owned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of my current 3 vehicles I like the Sonata seats the best with our Forester a close second. I had to order a Kool Kooshion car seat cushion from (Amazon) for our Tuscon because I cannot stand the seats especially for long drives. Used to have a 94 camry and it had very comfortable seats as well. None of my current vehicles have power seats or heated seats which would be nice.

Best Recaro = endless miles and no fatigue
smile.gif

Worst Ford bench seat in a 1958 Ranch Wagon ...

worst: 2000 Dodge Caravan front seats. After more than 1 hour, the seats put my back into spasm. No other seats before or after have ever done that to me.

Originally Posted By: bigjl
Best

1993 Rover 820 Vitesse Turbo had half.leather Recaro seats. Though every French car I have owned has had comfortable seats.

Worst

1999 Seat Toledo had an early anti submarine seat. The foam was too thin were you sat so when you pushed the clutch you lifted you bum up with your thigh pivoting on the bar inside the seat which I think might have been designed to stop you sliding under the belt.

Was that the Honda Legend based one? The interior was definitely rover and far nicer than the Honda. The P4 also had a nice interior but I never owned one.

!967 Toyota Corona, one of the first of that brand to be sold in US. A two by twelve on two cinder blocks would have been better as a front seat. But the vehicle itself was much better mechanically than anything the Big Three were making.

Best:My current 10 Nissan Rogue Perfect size for me,firm but not too firm and hugs securely wile driving.
Worst: A 97 Chevrolet S10 Too small and way too soft. Like sitting on a narrow bean bag.

Worst: The old bench seat in my '99 S10. Was replaced with seats out of a Blazer though. The old bench seat is sitting in my basement and the cats won't even sit on it! Second worse was the worn out leather in our Eddie Bauer Edition Expedition.

Best: The Tartan cloth seats in my GTI. I thought the high bolsters would be uncomfortable, but the whole combo is actually really comfy! They are also heated which is another plus!

Added bonus: The seats in my company provided 1st gen Transit Connect are absolutely terrible! Unfortunately I frequently have to drive 3 hrs at a time in that thing. Your whole bum will be numb after that trip!

Best: 2001 BMW E39 M5, the Jeep seats are a close second though, they are excellent.

Worst: My wife's 2000 BMW 328i, which had the faux-leather, which had cracked and gotten hard, so it would dig into you. That was not comfortable.

I have never owned a vehicle with truly awful seats though, been in a few, but that's not what the OP requested
wink.gif

Best would have been the old 1983 mid-sized LTD. Given how slow it was, comfortable seats were essential.
wink.gif
I could go on a huge road trip and feel great. Worst was probably a mid 1980s Chevy 3/4 ton with a hoist I was using as a daily driver temporarily (yes, great choice) when the LTD got totalled off.

Best: 2002 VW Jetta. The seats felt almost identical to sports car seats with side bolsters. They looked much like the regular seats you would find in a Honda Civic or car of similar size.
Worst: 2003 Saturn ION. They were flat and the fabric was horrible.

The seats in my Mitsubishi are pretty good. I have the basic ones, not the Recaro ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back