MC 10W30 and ST HD30 additive fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first pic is bottom of a quart of 1 year old MC HDEO 10W30.

2nd pic is bottom of quart of ST HD30 from 5 months ago. I put last two quarts of MC 10W30 in jug along with 2 quarts edge hm 10w40 and 1 quart harvest king 5w30 for next oil change in 200~ miles

Pic doesnt do justice as MC oil had wee bit of black silky feeling stuff on bottom of cut off quart
smile.gif

ST didnt have any

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I can see the fallout at the opposing sides area of the MC quart.

Yeah, the stuff was paste like. Not rock hard chunks like some folks have saw in Pennzoil stuff.

With all your replies/comments in three years coming up -- why are you not shaking your jugs? I really dont see anything in those pics to justify getting worked up over.

Dale

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
With all your replies/comments in three years coming up -- why are you not shaking your jugs? I really dont see anything in those pics to justify getting worked up over.

Dale

Never said anything like i was fetrinf worked up over. It helps if yoy read the original posting.

What I find weird is that all the high mileage oils I've used never have any stuff on the bottom of the jugs. Here's a Mobil 1 10W40 HM half quart I found that's been sitting untouched for 5-6 years. Bottom is spotless:

Now I want to try Mobil 1 0W20 HM in my Accord
laugh.gif
Any uoa's here of this stuff?

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
It seems like the moral of the story is that I should just run the Super Tech HD 30 in everything instead of Motorcraft. Which is ok with me!

Yep, and ignore ignorant comments directed to OP
smile.gif

It’s really hard to see in those pics. I assume the black shadow look in pic #2 is what you are referring to? It almost looks like the lighting when the picture was taken. If it is so that does seem like a lot of substance.

I shake my jugs before pouring. It’s a old habit and I’ve never seen anything like that.

We get these posts every winter. I attribute this to exposure to the cold temps during distribution.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
It’s really hard to see in those pics. I assume the black shadow look in pic #2 is what you are referring to? It almost looks like the lighting when the picture was taken. If it is so that does seem like a lot of substance.

I shake my jugs before pouring. It’s a old habit and I’ve never seen anything like that.

We get these posts every winter. I attribute this to exposure to the cold temps during distribution.

Obviously, in first pic there is black stuff. NONE OR 0 that's ZERO in pic 2

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Nobody is being ignorant & I did read your post before commenting. Additive fallout -- WHERE??? LOL

If you want to cap on me with the "being here three years" and such; be that way as I'll ignore you. That first post in my post was uncalled for too.

I'm just about fed up with the b.s. And snarky comments "people" here make also. Pretty disgusting and sickening. Maybe I'll just stop posting once and for all. I've notified 3 moderators about this harassing behavior towards me and others.

I just did an oil change on my friend's high mileage Honda (She has around 230,000 miles on it). I Used PPHM and a Fram TG. Bottom of the jug is spotless!! Like I mentioned earlier,I've never seen fallout on the bottom of HM oil jugs.

I just did an oil change on my friend's high mileage Honda (She has around 230,000 miles on it). I Used PPHM and a Fram TG. Bottom of the jug is spotless!! Like I mentioned earlier,I've never seen fallout on the bottom of HM oil jugs.

Good to see and hear
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
I'm just about fed up with the b.s. And snarky comments "people" here make also. Pretty disgusting and sickening. Maybe I'll just stop posting once and for all. I've notified 3 moderators about this harassing behavior towards me and others.

I always appreciate your hard work and informative posts brother! Keep up the good work!
cheers3.gif

I always appreciate your hard work and informative posts brother! Keep up the good work!
cheers3.gif

cheers3.gif

Yeah, doing 60-75 hours a week and post C&p here and have "new members" that join in 2018 that talk smack on me upset me royally. Wonder why I bother some days.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find weird is that all the high mileage oils I've used never have any stuff on the bottom of the jugs. Here's a Mobil 1 10W40 HM half quart I found that's been sitting untouched for 5-6 years. Bottom is spotless:

Now I want to try Mobil 1 0W20 HM in my Accord
laugh.gif
Any uoa's here of this stuff?

I have 2 quarts of it that were $1quart. I may send it off to napa lab in GA
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back