07 Lucerne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally found one with the options I wanted, no sun roof or console shift. The only thing it has I don't like are leather seats but I can live with that. It has 89,250 on the clock and they are asking $8,900 for it but with out any haggling I got him down to $8k cash, I think I can get him lower once I show more interest. These really do have a nice feel to them even thought as I mentioned here before the series 111 seems to lack the throttle response I get with the series ll. This makes the sixth one I have test drove and am getting use to it and think it may have a smoother take off but I'm sure I'll get use to it. My wife works at the court house so I can have her run the vin for me to see it's history and I need to have my mech look it over. If these come back ok I'm pretty sure I gonna pull the trigger.

So what I have got to look forward to as far as mechanical issues? Do the series three have the intake gasket problems or did they get the fixed. Any other things I should know would be nice to hear.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale...;startYear=2007

Just a thought...ask the dealer for a Carfax. They should be able to get that to you free, in addition to whatever your wife might find.

Just my
49.gif

I currently own a '07 Buick Lacrosse received three years ago @27k and it currently has 51K. No sunroof, console or leather seating. A plain Jane CX.

I have also owned ( no longer ) several other Pontiac and Buick 3800 Series II cars with one being a 1999 Buick PAU with the supercharger. I concur of this having less throttle than the Series II however having a supercharger on one spoils you. Also owned Chevy Ventures also having the intake gasket issue.

Since owning the Lacrosse, I have replaced struts on all four corners, brake pads and rotors on all four, a driver's front wheel bearing assembly with ABS and will replace shortly a rear passenger wheel bearing assembly. This summer I had an emission related code and was solved by replacing an electronic part near the EGR. I am a DIYer so this was done in my garage.

My maintenance on these GM products amazed me how they go through brakes and by convenience rotors while at it regardless how much preventative maintenance done on caliper and pad assemblies.

I personally like the 3800 engine and find this 07 a keeper until maintenance is beyond the scope of my ability. I believe you can find the car much cheaper than you listed.

Last edited:
I asked and they do not do carfax. I seen that has been sitting their for a while but I think it's because it's a 45 minute drive from where I live (the closest bigger city) and the population is just over 1100 so it's a very small town and I don't imagine they move a lot of vehicles. Just guessing here but there were only about 40 cars total new and used on the lot.

Depends a lot on the info the wife brings home, it will show me all the owners and where it was first sold at. Carfax would be nice though but my mech will help there.

I know it's a gamble buying used cars but I refuse to pay a ton of money for a car in the rust belt.

It's weird a GM dealership not offering a Carfax. I would tell them as being a GM dealership,run a Carfax for me if you expect me to buy this car.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
It's weird a GM dealership not offering a Carfax. I would tell them as being a GM dealership,run a Carfax for me if you expect me to buy this car.

It's actually a Dodge dealer but I thought it was a bit weird myself. Out of the six I have looked at it's the only one that didn't have one.

Originally Posted By: Recalculating
I believe you can find the car much cheaper than you listed.

As for the price, I won't pay 8k for it, if he don't come down some I'll move on but around here they get a premium for used cars. Just to give you an idea here is a link to a guy I went to school with that has a used car lot. In December of 2011 I bought my Lesabre with 86k for $5k from him which was a tad high but he won't budge from his prices and he sells a ton of them.

http://www.langelautosales.com/cars.html

I asked about the Lucerne a few months back and I don't think I got a single positive response in regards to this particular Buick.

Based on used pricing I've seen on them in my area, $8K is ridiculously high for a 2007 IMO. There's several 2011 model year CXL and CX models in the $8-9K asking price range in my area at dealerships. I know prices vary by location though.

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
As for the price, I won't pay 8k for it, if he don't come down some I'll move on but around here they get a premium for used cars.

Shoot for $2k off on the price. Although start off lower, around $3k-2500 off of asking price. Also I'm sure around month end will help.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
neighbor had problems with motor mount, and also with a "fuel pump assembly electrical "module" at abouy $700 and $1000 each

The carfaxes for two of the Lucerns I've seen at dealers show engine mounts as being replaced at some point.

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

It's actually a Dodge dealer but I thought it was a bit weird myself. Out of the six I have looked at it's the only one that didn't have one.

A HUGE duh moment for me haha :p I must've been thinking about GM and typed that inadvertently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back