Oil similar to STP high mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to top off my 4.0 Jeep...I'm running 5w30 STP High mileage from Autozone since it was a good price with the filter, but a quart of it there is like $7. What's something that's pretty similar? I know anything will mix but thought I'd try to match it up a bit. I think the bottom of the STP bottle had the Warren logo so I'm thinking Supertech high mileage might be similar?

correct
thumbsup2.gif

Yep supertech will be the closest and probably cheapest regular price oil.

Just buy a 5qt jug and use it to top off. I would use 10w30 in those motors.

10w30 is what I use usually, but for the winter the 5w30 works well since it can be -15F here.

Originally Posted By: car51
Id vote for Harvest King as around me their conVentional is very reasonable; moreso than ST.
No Harvest King in Wisconsin. Super tech is probably your best bet. I did notice Casey’s General stores house oil is Warren. Check that out if you have one close. Not sure where in Wisky you are, there’s a ton of them around me.

Search for your closet distributor give them a call for $$$ and pick up a case of their most economical high mileage PCMO. You will save time and likely money.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Id vote for Harvest King as around me their conVentional is very reasonable; moreso than ST.
No Harvest King in Wisconsin. Super tech is probably your best bet. I did notice Casey’s General stores house oil is Warren. Check that out if you have one close. Not sure where in Wisky you are, there’s a ton of them around me.

What about all these blains farm and fleet stores???

I think the Blain's brand is Citgo, which I'm not a fan of supporting. Might be wrong though!

Thanks for the help everyone. FWIW, I liked Pennzoil HM better in it, will go back to that next OCI.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
I think the Blain's brand is Citgo, which I'm not a fan of supporting. Might be wrong though!

Thanks for the help everyone. FWIW, I liked Pennzoil HM better in it, will go back to that next OCI.

I didn't know this sir. Can't go wrong with PPHM at least I don't think you can
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper

I didn't know this sir. Can't go wrong with PPHM at least I don't think you can
smile.gif

Blaine Farm and Fleet, Resolute, Harvest King are all made by Citgo.

If you have a dollar store near by they carry peak brand hm oil along with there house brand hm oil which is good oil since they updated the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back