2008 Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at a 2008 Tundra SR5 122,000 miles, good condition 5.7 4x4 crew cab. What is a fair price in good condition and areas to look out for? Most research I've found says it's a reliable truck.

I have a 2012.. price can be all over due to location and demand. I had 2 to choose from in 100 miles. I paid a little more than I wanted for mine. A 2008 would probably be around 10k. For those early ones water pump, bed rust (under bed),aip failure (can be bypassed), cam tower oil leak. I would check out the tundra forums and research those failures and what to look for. The engine and transmission are pretty solid.

I bet you could save a LOT of money if you were willing to buy a one way airplane ticket to the southeast (OK/TX/LA/MO/etc) and buy one here. These are a dime a dozen here and most of the ones I see come well loaded.

I can't imagine Eastern WA being a good market for buying a used Tundra.

I have heard the same thing as well as far as 25% of all trucks in the country are in Texas.

I looked at a 2013 4 door 4x4 5.7 2 days ago for 23k it had lower miles on it also. It was in Pinioning MI.. This dealer sells a TON of used.

good luck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rudy1999 250
I have heard the same thing as well as far as 25% of all trucks in the country are in Texas.

I looked at a 2013 4 door 4x4 5.7 2 days ago for 23k it had lower miles on it also. It was in Pinioning MI.. This dealer sells a TON of used.

good luck.

I’d say 25% on our small town lots are F150 … lots of Super Duty sold here …

I prefer the 2006 and earlier models. Better styling and it’s only slightly bigger than my Tacoma. I think I’d look for an old man-owned, low-mileage example of one of those if something happened to my Taco. Gas mileage with the 4.7 would be no worse either.

He pretty much said all the areas to look for. Some of the white Tundras had issues with the paint. Check out the TundraTalk.net and TundraSolutions.com forums.

Originally Posted By: muddawgs
I have a 2012.. price can be all over due to location and demand. I had 2 to choose from in 100 miles. I paid a little more than I wanted for mine. A 2008 would probably be around 10k. For those early ones water pump, bed rust (under bed),aip failure (can be bypassed), cam tower oil leak. I would check out the tundra forums and research those failures and what to look for. The engine and transmission are pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back