I bought the last Geo ever made for $275.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so maybe it's not THE LAST GEO but it's a 2002 Chevy Prizm in Grandma Beige. Last year for the Prizm line.

GM finally thought it over and pinned their headliners up preemptively so I don't have to staple them. Ok, maybe this is a Toyota idea.

Speaking of Toyota, everyone stopped caring by this point so they stuck a Toyota symbol right on the keys you can proudly acquire with the rest of the car at the Chevy dealer in your heorin-infested small town.

Most pressing issue was how the inside door handle broke. I had to roll down my window like a knuckle-dragger.

Investigation found a failed plastic hinge pin in there. I searched high and low (< $5 on ebay shipped) but then discovered the EXACT PART I needed three feet aft serving lighter duty on the rear door. Pulled the ol' switcheroo!

So I dragged this thing home on my sketchy tow dolley then tried to find it space in my driveway. Parked it in front of the plow but it was sorta sticking into the road so I backed it up real slowly. Turns out snow plows are sharp and pointy and don't give much. Heard a little crunchy creak and I busted my own tail light ever so slightly! But in good news no passers-by hit my car!

There's a little rust but it's not too bad. The fender kinda looks like a zipper!

The seller (a real college fool) said the thing needed some brake lines. I could only find one inch under this stupid clamp. I had a corolla a few years ago that also needed all the fuel and EVAP lines in this bundle but these knock wood still look okay.

Taxachusetts started worrying about out-of-state students conning them out of fees so they seem to have issued these stickers.

Speaking of stickers, the inspection is so out-of-date the color came around again on the rainbow and looks legal from 50 paces!

Where the action is. Seller said he used to add oil. My corolla took a quart every 350 miles or so! All this Vtec VVT-i power goes through a 3 speed automatic!

Everything in this picture except a couple letters on the PRNDL are a greyish color beige!

What color is the atf? Engine bay looks decent. The rust around the rear arches would be enough to scare me off.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What color is the atf?

My guess is beige.
lol.gif

Still have a 2001 Chevy Prism my mother bought new. It has about 85K on it now and is driven a couple of times a week. My doorknob broke recently and I replaced it with a new one found online.

Those are great little beater cars! My independent mechanic loans me one when I have work done, although its the Toyota Corolla brand! (no difference at all)
The only major thing I noticed compared to my 2007, was that braking was very very weak on it! As in, much longer breaking distances.. and my 07 has rear drums..
You might be surprised to hear this but... I drove a 2018 Corolla the other day, and that key picture you posted... its the exact same today as on the base model Corolla! LOL. Those little 3 speeds can move alright too. I know rust is a major issue on these, as is the known oil burning issue. If the rust isnt too bad, I am sure you will get some good use out of it! The front engine layout is also pretty much identical to my 2007, which is hilarious.. Toyota really doesnt mess with things much once they find a working formula! Enjoy
smile.gif

Last edited:
How come when you find a decent car you sell it and get another junker? Rather than keep the nice ones?

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Those are great little beater cars! My independent mechanic loans me one when I have work done, although its the Toyota Corolla brand! (no difference at all)

Your mechanic probably checks the oil level very frequently, maybe every time it returns from a customer. Tops it off as necessary and keeps it running. Which will probably be a long time.

I remember some of his previous finds like the $750 Prius and a rusty 02 Camry for $250 or so that was flipped for post-dated checks. Which did work out in the end.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

You're joking right?? This car should be crushed.

Load bearing arch:

Non load bearing Geo Chevy Arch:

Nope doesn't count
48.gif

The ZZE110 was never badged as a Geo, only Chevy
smile.gif

The AE101 was sold as Geo Prizm until 97. So the last Geo was sold in 1997 (could've also been a Tracker or Metro). I wonder what the last Geo ever made would go for at Barrett-Jackson
lol.gif

And if you're counting Geo nameplates that were sold under the Chevy banner after 98, the Tracker was made through 2004

Fun fact: The early 90s Prizm GSI was the only 4-door Corolla available with teh 4A-GE in teh US, sold in both sedan and hatchback form

They should have had a celebration at the Geo factory where upon making the last one, they roll it directly into a car crusher. Cut out the middleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back