Car dealer refuses warranty work, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Spider
To answer a few questions posed by board members.
I drove a new Cruze for 2 years and was happy with it, test drove a 2017 and liked it but not this particular vehicle as it was on the display floor. Yes I have more problems than the radio but this particular problem is obvious to anyone who listens to it except, apparently, dealership service people. No one speaker seems to be the problem as far as I can tell except the 2 large speakers on the rear package shelf seem to be contributing very little to the sound even if I adjust the system to full bass and prime location at the rear of the cabin. I am trying to find a shop here in the Toronto area (with a population of 3 or 4 million people) that can or will provide a third party assessment of this system.
Thanks for your input

Have them change out the speakers for better ones and put in a small AMP. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spider
Except they think the system is just fine now, won't touch it let alone fix it.

Unless there's a bad component, there isn't much they can do.

In my opinion from owning a car with a Bose system and a Bose Wave Radio, they don't make good sounding systems. They use audio processing to simulate a good sounding system.

Right now I have a set of Soundsport Free ear buds that I'm wondering why I purchased. I really need to just write the brand off for good.

The Pioneer system in my 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ sounds better than the BOSE system in my 2017 Buick Regal GS that I have adjusted to no end
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
The Pioneer system in my 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ sounds better than the BOSE system in my 2017 Buick Regal GS that I have adjusted to no end
lol.gif

The Pioneer in my GMC and the Bose in my Tahoe are both better than the Sony in the 2015 Explorer Sport we had …
They both have a decent single subwoofer, multiple mids, and stand alone tweets …
Key is they are played at reasonable volumes …
(no mating call volumes)

Originally Posted By: Malo83
lol.gif

My wife was really hoping to get a car with a Bose system in it but we had no luck. Personally, as I have never been a Bose fan either, (not near enough bass!) the sound systems from older cars we have owned sound way better than the Bose system GM overs today.

With my 13 Ram, I opted for the upgraded Alpine system with a sub and couldn't be happier with it! It pounds with Sirius XM but really shines when it is hooked up to an Ipod or similar.
By far the best stock sound system I have ever heard!
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back