Going To FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back I posted a thread asking about shipping a MINI-14 rifle. Well, I talked to my friends wife last night and she has invited me to stay a few days in FL. She is a Christian school teacher and will be off from school for Spring Break March 9th-18th. I will be leaving Thursday March 15th and driving through the night, returning home the 19th. I will be bringing the MINI-14 home, and according to her, other firearms and ammo as well! I'm kind of excited!
Also, her son is paying for a few sacks of crawfish and I will be boiling those for the family on that weekend. AIYEEEEEE, gonna have a Fais Deaux Deaux!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif
39.gif

Used to live right near there in Lutz from 99-11. Was about 3 or 4 miles south of the Pasco/Hillsborough county line. Fun, irrelevant fact for you! If you have any questions about the area let me know!

Gun still needs to go through an FFL. She cant just hand it to you and then you drive it home. Well she could, but that would be illegal.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Used to live right near there in Lutz from 99-11. Was about 3 or 4 miles south of the Pasco/Hillsborough county line. Fun, irrelevant fact for you! If you have any questions about the area let me know!

I lived in Seffner, FL. 1987-2012. I was friends with Charlie (my friend that lived in Odessa) from 1989. I watched 54 go from 2 lanes to 6. That area out there has grown, and keeps growing.
The mechanical company I worked for (BCH Mechanical-18 years) did about 80% of the schools' HVAC/mechanical piping/plumbing in that area. We even had the contract to the new hospital on Erlich & Dale Mabry. Also, TGH, Idlewild Bptist church, USF/USF Sundome, Orlando NBA stadium, Disney, Sea World, MGM, HSN, Tampa Tribune, St. Pete Times Arena, and a bunch more.

Originally Posted By: Kira
To Blue Oval: Will your friend be around?

He's buried at the National Cemetery in Bushnell, FL. We will be visiting his grave site.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Are you driving and will you have a beer when you get there?

Yes, I'm driving. And, no, I don't drink. I haven't drank any kind of alcoholic beverage since I was 19 years old.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Gun still needs to go through an FFL. She cant just hand it to you and then you drive it home. Well she could, but that would be illegal.

Is that due to Florida laws?

In WA, if I wanted to give someone or sell someone a handgun I'm supposed to have the buyer go through a background check just like he was buying from a gun dealer. I think that is just for handguns, and not long guns.

Maybe not:

Originally Posted By: ATF.gov
May an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA in any State?

Generally, a person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State. Exceptions include the acquisition pursuant to a lawful bequest, or an over–the–counter acquisition of a rifle or shotgun from a licensee where the transaction is allowed by the purchaser’s State of residence and the licensee’s State of business. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(3); 27 CFR 478.29]

Emphasis added. Though as I said before research of the particulars is warranted as there certainly are particulars.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Maybe not:

Originally Posted By: ATF.gov
May an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA in any State?

Generally, a person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State. Exceptions include the acquisition pursuant to a lawful bequest, or an over–the–counter acquisition of a rifle or shotgun from a licensee where the transaction is allowed by the purchaser’s State of residence and the licensee’s State of business. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(3); 27 CFR 478.29]

Emphasis added. Though as I said before research of the particulars is warranted as there certainly are particulars.

To self; Just keep thinking positive! Just keep thinking positive! Just keep thinking positive!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back