Bought some mobile delvac 1300 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
After using chevron delo almost day one in my truck I decided to save 6 bucks and get the delvac since it was on sale. I figured it's all the same now since they switched to th at ck4 stuff. Opinions?

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
After using chevron delo almost day one in my truck I decided to save 6 bucks and get the delvac since it was on sale. I figured it's all the same now since they switched to th at ck4 stuff. Opinions?

Used all over in some big stuff … and in my 19 HP B&S.
wink.gif

Not sure where you are … but when I ran in my 5.3L jugs were cheap but so were quarts …
It was 11 NOACK when CJ … not sure now …

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
mobile and gram. What's that?

Fram ultra

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 3 Gallon of Delvac 1 ESP for $20.63 each and then there was $12.00 a gallon rebate. My real cost ended up costing me $8.63 gallon. This was at Walmart.com in December,2017. I will be good for 1.5 oil change as I have another Gallon sitting in Garage.

I always stick with the delo cause it was cheaper than the the other two. Every time oil is on sale at Wal-Mart, they never have any.

I haven't gotten the Delvac 1300 CK-4, but I did use some Delvac Extreme syn blend CK4 in place of the Shaeffer CK4 I normally use. The Delvac looked like a spitting image of the Schaeffer when I did a UOA on it at then next change. I would imagine the 1300 is right up there in performance as it always has been.

I used Delo 400 exclusively for 15 years, when I moved to Idaho Delvac 1300 was $3.00 cheaper per 5 gallon pail. Since then my Ford and Chevy have been on Delvac, 9 years now, and they said they don't care...lol

They are both pretty equal.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

Opinions? Yeah - brand does not matter.

I started off using Delvac Super 1300 in my Semi with a 12.7 Series 60 Detroit. I don't run a UOA with every pm service, but after my motor broke in, my UOAs looked great, and I experienced very little oil consumption. Almost a year and a half ago, I switched to Chevron Delo 400, only because it's easier for me to find at Wal-Mart, and that I prefer to use a semi synthetic 10W30 HDEO during the coldest part of winter. Wal-Mart doesn't stock Delvac Extreme 10W30, but they do stock Delo 400 XLE 10W30. In fact, if they did stock Delvac Elite, I'd still be using Mobil Delvac. In my opinion, Delvac is an excellent HDEO.

And when I switched from Delvac to Delo, my motor showed zero difference when I ran a UOA, and I still experience very little consumption between pms. So, in my non-scientific opinion, they may as well be the same products packaged in different jugs.
smile.gif

Delvac 1300 Super is consistently priced slightly cheaper than Delo. I'd be happier using the lower priced product.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back