VOA Hot Shot's Stiction Eliminator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Shot's Stiction Eliminator that is praised by many diesel fellas for bringing the injectors back to life. I guess they are really good about hiding secret elements here lol.

According to the manufacturers - it could be used for gasoline engines at a rate of 16oz per 5qts of oil. I got it in the oil now, don't know what it will do. But I like to test stuff out. Throw some theories into what will happen here. Got 1k miles so far, 4k to go.

So, it's got green food coloring, 200ppm Moly, some sand and literally nothing else, has the consistency of Mercon LV, and is only going to dilute the add pack of any oil??

Did I get it all? So why would I buy this?

It must just work on diluting coked oil and deposits in injectors
smile.gif
Thanks for the info, Vlad!

I think he is referring to the HUEI injectors on Powerstroke 7.3 and 6.0 that often have a static friction problem, aka stiction in the oil operated injectors, causing hard cold starts and rough idle until warmed up. I have a friend who owns a 1997 F250 7.3 and swears by the Rev-X additive for his engine. Another friend is using something called Arch 6.0, made by the same folks who make TurboMaxx, not to be confused with Archoil, another brand that sells a product that is supposed to help with stiction. The Arch 6.0 is specifically for the Powerstroke 6.0 or 7.3 and is similar to their main anti-wear, friction reducing product, called TurboMaxx. Both guys swear by what they are using and intend to keep using it every oil change, regardless of the added cost. It fixed whatever issues they were having with cold idle in cold weather.

Yes, I was referring to the Ford (and other) diesel injectors that work through oil pressure. Forgive me diesel guys if I'm explaining this wrong... Never had a diesel, nor worked on one.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
How is it going to unplug and injector if added to the oil?

I'd suspect that it's going to thin the oil to help get a friction modifier someplace where stuff rests and sticks.

I wonder if the Si is to prevent foam?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Sandblasts the injector orifice.

Cool.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Sandblasts the injector orifice.

Cool.
Anti foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back