Pressure Cooker Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
An old Prestige hi-dome with a simple drop-on needle valve weight set. You sometimes find them at jumble sales etc with the weights missing, but those used to be available as spares.

Last I looked, they don't seem to make them like that any more. Lots of superfluous [censored] (timed automatic venting?) on them which makes them hard or impossible to clean.

Have you considered the instapot? Many have ditched their pressure cookers and crockpots for this device that does both duties.

I was at a get together a few weeks back where they cooked everything from ribs to potatoes and vegetables in the InstaPot. The food was great and it cooked quickly. They seem very popular right now on Amazon.

I have an older Prestige from years ago that works just as good today, as the day I received it for a gift from my Mother on Christmas about 15 years ago. Its the biggest one they made at the time. Perfect for me & the Family for when I make stews/soups etc....

Dale

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Can anyone recommend a good Pressure Cooker?

Yeah, go find a job that you hate!

Just kidding!
laugh.gif

CB

Whacha going to cook in it?

Wife got one instapot. Latest "thing" I bet one in 2 "mercuns got one.

But what do you need to cook so FAST?

Pork Butt?

I though high temp destroys vitamins.

Tell me something good about this "fad".

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
+1 for Instapot.

+2 Awesome

It looks like the Instapot wins.

+1 for the All American. This is the Rolls Royce of pressure cooker/canners. They are expensive ($200-350) but are built like a tank and will be passed down to your grandchildren. And it doe not use gaskets! I have the 30 quart version for canning, and it holds 19 pint or 14 quart jars.

TomNJ/VA

I bought an Instant Pot a while back, and I though I like ti at first. It is easy to use and cooks slow cooker type meals quicker, BUT........I don't think the flavor is as good!
confused2.gif
When I want to do chili, or pot roast, stuff you'd normally do in a slow cooker or even a good old Dutch Oven, I think it turns out much better the old fashioned way, and I think the main reason is evaporation and concentration of flavor. I just find I'm not using it at all anymore...

I've got a Cuisinart pressure cooker. Works good but wish I got an Instapot. Most recipes online tell you what settings to use on an Instapot that don't exist for mine, so I have to improvise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back