Mastercraft MSR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with the Mastercraft MSR for plowing snow or running on heavy duty trucks, specifically on packed snow and ice and deep snow

Snow? Still? We are beyond that. Its 58 degrees here
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Snow? Still? We are beyond that. Its 58 degrees here
banana2.gif

It’s still winter. Why not? We are expecting some early next week. Mountains getting tons of it here.

Looks like a tweaked discoverer M+S

I think I would go Grabber Arctic LT first..

I'm a fan of the grabbers as well. Do you base your statement off of first-hand knowledge with both tires, or are you just a general tire fan?

Originally Posted By: NHRATA
Anyone have any experience with the Mastercraft MSR for plowing snow or running on heavy duty trucks, specifically on packed snow and ice and deep snow

Look at the Hercules Avalanche X-Treme for heavy duty E rated tires, I have the LT235/80R17 on my 2500 Diesel for the winter months and they are awesome. I normally run LT265/70R17 all terrains the other three seasons, way better traction in the winter running a true snow tire.

I'm a fan of the grabbers as well. Do you base your statement off of first-hand knowledge with both tires, or are you just a general tire fan?

The cooper tire those mastercraft are based off of are below average for winter tires.

The general tire I mentioned is very new and updated.

I did previously have general altimax arctic and like them.

Cooper has some new winter tires coming for next winter.. I am sure they will be massively better.
than their old model discoverer M+S (which I also had a long time ago)

I see what you're saying. I guess I'm basing my opinion off of what I have heard from plow guys. Where the Cooper/Mastercraft is a tried-and-true design loved by plow operators.

Marco620: Snow? Still? We are beyond that. Its 58 degrees here

We typically get blasted in March as our one last storm. Winter is never over till sometime in April here where I live. And then it's still cool til early June.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I see what you're saying. I guess I'm basing my opinion off of what I have heard from plow guys. Where the Cooper/Mastercraft is a tried-and-true design loved by plow operators.

I have no experience in using them in plow service.

but like anything what are they comparing them too and what is their criteria?

I would go with the cooper discoverer A/TW over their 15 year old snow discoverer M+S

Not saying it wouldnt provide good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back