SIG P365

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read over at GLOCK TALK that SIG has stopped production of its P365? What problems are they having now? From what I was reading at GT, they said SIG was having barrel misalignment issues. Any SIG A HOLICS here that can confirm this?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
.....This must be a new breed of German that is not born with the prestigious German engineering DNA.

This must be the same "new breed" of German engineers who work at Mercedes. Judging by what a financial ticking time bomb their cars are, once they get past the warranty period.

Originally Posted By: billt460
.....This must be a new breed of German that is not born with the prestigious German engineering DNA.

This must be the same "new breed" of German engineers who work at Mercedes. Judging by what a financial ticking time bomb their cars are, once they get past the warranty period.

Ha. Not to get too far off topic, but isn't that the case with ALL German cars? Too complex. When complexity increases, reliability decreases.

I'm the type of person who gets attached to vehicles and keeps them for a long time, well past warranty expiration. German cars aren't a good choice for keeping for a long time, unless you can afford the pricey maintenance.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Ha. Not to get too far off topic, but isn't that the case with ALL German cars? Too complex. When complexity increases, reliability decreases.

I'm the type of person who gets attached to vehicles and keeps them for a long time, well past warranty expiration. German cars aren't a good choice for keeping for a long time, unless you can afford the pricey maintenance.

Well this is disappointing, I liked the P365 from a quick glance.

I still have to return my P320 for a "voluntary recall" because apparently they aren't drop safe.

I'm starting to wonder if it would be a smart move to avoid Sig for a while. At least until they get their act sorted out over there.

Well...

I bought a P227 last week. It appears to be well made. Made in the USA. I had planned to go shoot it today, in fact, but I had to work...

I’ll let you know how well it performs when I get a chance.

Loud-mouthed. Opinionated. Often wrong. And beyond annoying in his amateurish presentation and stupid burnouts.

Why people watch Scotty Kilmer is beyond me.

It’s like watching a car wreck while listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

I tried his channel, once, and came away both irritated, and dumber, than I was before.

Last edited:
My last Sig was this P-229 Stainless Elite. It runs fine. But alas they no longer make it. Now they come with an Aluminum frame instead of an all Stainless Steel gun. And they cost more to boot!

I found this.

http://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/sig-pausing-p365-production/

My ancestors in Germany are rolling in their graves! If they only knew how SIG has been having serious QC problems. This must be a new breed of German that is not born with the prestigious German engineering DNA.
Makes me want to
27.gif
!

You forget that the Germans made/still make some garbage guns. Remember the horrible Rohm and Erma guns? And the EAA Windicator isn't exactly a Ruger in terms of quality either.

But yes, since jumping all their main manufacturing from Deutschland to New Hampshire, they have been plagued by spotty quality control and it seems they like their customers to be their beta testers when it comes to new designs like the P320 and P365. It is probably best to hold off buying any new Sig for six months to let the bugs get worked out.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Loud-mouthed. Opinionated. Often wrong. And beyond annoying in his amateurish presentation and stupid burnouts. Why people watch Scotty Kilmer is beyond me. It’s like watching a car wreck while listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. I tried his channel, once, and came away both irritated, and dumber, than I was before.

While the messenger may be as you say, the message in this case, is as true and factual as ever.

LOL, brake pads that don't cover the entire rotor? Lip on rotor? Recessed lug nuts?

Give me a break, it's like this guy hasn't done a brake job before.
He making complaints about "flaws" that come from every manufacturer.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Give me a break, it's like this guy hasn't done a brake job before.
He making complaints about "flaws" that come from every manufacturer.

But according to Billt460..that's both direct and accurate engineering analysis on the SIG P365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back