Web page is blank til I hover cursor over page,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I get a page that looks blank, then everything starts to appear after I left click and scroll down then that brings everything up. Firefox , latest update, Win 7 You know the cause? Thanks

Hmmm... "Lazy loading" is a very popular technique among web developers whereby content does not get drawn unless and until is comes into view on screen... I wonder if some script/ ad blocking is interfering with the site's ability to ascertain your scroll position?

Would you feel comfortable disclosing the URL? I'd be happy to take a poke around.

EDIT: I should add that over the years I have observed Firefox exhibit frustrating oddities that clearing my cache and cookies fixed.

EDIT #2: I wonder, too, if there is something amiss with Firefox and video hardware acceleration. I would think the problem would be widespread for you were that the case, however.

I'd first suggest closing any unnecessary tabs, then closing the browser, verify it's actually quit using Task Manager or Process Explorer or wait 20sec., then start browser, then try again.

FF is well known for memory leaks.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
How do I clear my cache? Thanks

Tools > Options > Privacy & Security ... then look for "Cached Web Content" ~1/3 down the page. Hit the "Clean Now" button.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
EDIT #2: I wonder, too, if there is something amiss with Firefox and video hardware acceleration. I would think the problem would be widespread for you were that the case, however.

Quoting myself for reference. Take a crack at figuring out how to enable/ disable Hardware Acceleration for your version of Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back