Both hands available

Status
Not open for further replies.

4WD

$50 site donor 2024
Not sure everyone has seen these … J’s up in fill spout and O-ring seal …
$20 on eBay

I have one for my Honda that I've used only once. It's a neat idea but the funnel retains a lot of oil afterwards so unless you have somewhere to hang it up and drain it after use, it can be messy. There's no way to run a towel through it to clean it up.

I like a good funnel, but this is ridiculous. Why not make an oil cap adapter that screws directly onto the oil bottle? Or you could set it on fire and buy a new car instead of changing the oil.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
I like a good funnel, but this is ridiculous. Why not make an oil cap adapter that screws directly onto the oil bottle? Or you could set it on fire and buy a new car instead of changing the oil.

Because that’s ridiculous

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger

Because that’s ridiculous

It sure is.

I actually have one of these, but I never use it

3186MB87YTL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-10107B-12-FloTool-No-Spill/dp/B0000AXRH0

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I have one for my Honda that I've used only once. It's a neat idea but the funnel retains a lot of oil afterwards so unless you have somewhere to hang it up and drain it after use, it can be messy. There's no way to run a towel through it to clean it up.

This is easy to run a paper towel through ... its big bore compared to my other half dozen funnels

I use the big mouthed Prestone funnel. Only paid a couple bucks and have had it for years.

Just another part to get oily that takes up space on the shelf. I prefer to patiently pour right from the bottle cleanly into the hole without spilling.

I have one with multiple attachments for different makes. It would have been awesome to have when I wrenched for a living but now it is just a convenience.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have one with multiple attachments for different makes. It would have been awesome to have when I wrenched for a living but now it is just a convenience.

Yes, the Lisle one

It's like there spill free coolant funnel, but for oil

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Yes, the Lisle one

That's the one!! Except mine was labeled MATCO and an impulse buy on the tool truck.

umm...I just bought a cheapo stant fill cap for like $10, and drilled out the center to the OD of my funnel....

heck the current price on amazon for a stant fill cap for my engine is $4.52. they also have the OE Motorcraft one for $5.26

Last edited:
Neat funnel, but I am cheap, so just use my dollar funnel I bought at Walley World many years ago.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Yes, the Lisle one

Maybe they forgot this

All other engines I’m dealing with are easier than this one (I bought it for) ~ surely was not short on funnels;

Last edited:
I have the Ray Charles funnel due to a similar situation. It fits down in the fill whole which is a good thing. If it didn't one could really make a mess putting oil into my Altima 3.5 VQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back