RIP JC Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned yesterday of the passing of J C Johnson,from complications of pneumonia.I am sure most of you do not know who he was.He was a well regarded crypotozoologist and paranormal investigator,often referred to as the Indiana Jones of the field.He was a river guide in the american southwest and the founder of Four Corners Crypto investigations.He appeared on many internet and radio shows most of which are available on the net.He was an entertaining storyteller and a source of much information ranging from skinwalkers,native american lore,bigfoot,aliens and other strange creatures.You may want to check out some of the shows.
He will be missed.

Full of it as Norio Hayakawa. We lived on the Navajo Nation through the seventies at Toadlena and never saw an alien, bigfoot or other strange creatures unless you count very, very inebriated locals.

I figured some classless individual would chime in.I just did not think it would be the first reply.

Well mannered people are taught not to speak ill of the departed.

Being engaged in his particular vocations, some skepticism must surely be expected. Crypto-zoology and paranormal stuff puts him outside the realm of science. 2 other points. Why is it I've never heard of this "Indiana Jones" type. Von Danakin strikes me as the main contender for that title.

If the indigenous people living in the area for millenniums haven't seen this critter, what is the likelihood of a new comer seeing one?

grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
Von Danakin strikes me as the main contender for that title.

He is one of those who is more interested in self-promotion and selling books. While I'm a hardcore skeptic about all of these topics, there are some people who do work hard and fairly quietly. In a field (well, a few fields) of mostly charlatans, some, like Eric, are closer to a PT Barnum level.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
Full of it as Norio Hayakawa. We lived on the Navajo Nation through the seventies at Toadlena and never saw an alien, bigfoot or other strange creatures unless you count very, very inebriated locals.
Yah-Tah-Hey Che!

Originally Posted By: Garak
Von Danakin strikes me as the main contender for that title.

He is one of those who is more interested in self-promotion and selling books. While I'm a hardcore skeptic about all of these topics, there are some people who do work hard and fairly quietly. In a field (well, a few fields) of mostly charlatans, some, like Eric, are closer to a PT Barnum level.
wink.gif

If you want to get a first hand account of this foolishness taken to the extreme, Google Phil Schneider. Here is an individual deemed mentally impaired by the state of Oregon who visited paranormal venues hawking trinkets he claimed came from alien technology. And people actually paid to listen to this fruitcake blow smoke. Take a look and learn how aliens constructed square miles of chambers under Archuleta Mesa near Dulce,NM without the Jicarilla Apaches having a clew, and how old Phil killed several of them with his Walther after they had burned off several of his fingers with a death ray. Yes sir, old Phil was the champion whopper teller of all time.

Yep, some of these guys just go totally off the deep end. I still don't understand how Art Bell kept his sanity all those years, much less didn't burst out into laughter regularly on his show, having to balance guests that did have some credentials but were a bit eccentric or trollish versus someone like this or Lazar.

I checked a link or two. Why do all these sites look like they were designed in dialup days without ever having been changed? You want another laugh, take a look around at the writings by the fellow that claims George Bush Sr. was really switched at birth and was a Nazi and assassinated Tesla and Hitler lived at Glacier National Park well past the age of 100 (well, well past) and whatever other mush headed nonsense that could be conceived and packed into one bizarre narrative.

The odd thing, that story made it onto TV. I checked online, wondering if it was a conspiracy theory that had actually gained traction somewhere. Nope. One guy wrote a bunch of gibberish on one web page, some producer must have stumbled onto it online, and decided to run with it. Sheesh.

Being engaged in his particular vocations, some skepticism must surely be expected. Crypto-zoology and paranormal stuff puts him outside the realm of science. 2 other points. Why is it I've never heard of this "Indiana Jones" type. Von Danakin strikes me as the main contender for that title.

If the indigenous people living in the area for millenniums haven't seen this critter, what is the likelihood of a new comer seeing one?

grin2.gif

JC was married to a Navajo lady and lived in that area for decades doing guide work.So That probably gave him a leg up on most folks..and what makes you think the tribes have never encountered bigfoot and other things.They have and tell tales.
There are plenty of folks who work in the crypto field who are not high profile.JC was one of them he was not a self promoter which is why many have not heard of him (in fact others called him Indiana Jones he never referred to himself that way),he simply did his work quietly with his fellow team members who are mainly native american.Although he did appear on a couple of tv shows and lots of radio shows and has numerous videos on youtube.

*****I was simply saying good bye to an interesting and entertaining fellow.*****

Some people apparently missed that salient point and took this as an excuse to launch ignorant attacks.

I was taught to respect the departed ,apparently some people were not taught polite behavior here.I don't give a rats rear whenever some sporting figure dies and someone here posts about it .I simply ignore it.I do not post anything negative about that person,even if they were an alcoholic, drug using ,spouse abusing low life who would have been in prison were it not for their athletic ability. Some folks here have a hard time being courteous as I.

I may have to rethink my philosophy on this matter as it is apparently socially acceptable here to act disrespectful in these RIP threads.

\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back