Dangerous times

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago an American warship was engaged in training exercises with our NATO allies.
Russian fighter jets from airbases in the Kaliningrad Oblast flew extremely close
to our naval vessel, a very dangerous maneuver.
Serious business, these Russians.
What is next?
Russian submarines passing through our naval patrols, our sonar nets, laying off our largest cities, listening to our rock and roll while they conduct missile drills?
Dangerous times we live in.
Increase your stash of oil and filters soon for the doom and gloom.
And happy Valentine's Day!

Sounds a lot like what they did in the 80s.

Doesn’t really worry me...

If you only knew how low and fast I flew by a Russian “fishing trawler” that was shadowing our carrier off the East Coast, you wouldn’t find what they’re doin now so objectionable.

Media wants to make a big deal out of it, so you’ll watch their show, or click on their story, but the Russian behavior is nothing new at all.

February 10 -- the US bombed a convoy of ISIS Hunters group in Syria, killed around 100 Russian soldiers.
February 14 -- a US drone bombed a T-72 tank in Syria killing the three crew members.

Dangerous times indeed.

Without gas, oil and filter won't help
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BalticBob

How's that supposed to help during the doom?

This is nothing compared to the cold war and the fallout shelters of the 50's/60's.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
February 10 -- the US bombed a convoy of ISIS Hunters group in Syria, killed around 100 Russian soldiers.
February 14 -- a US drone bombed a T-72 tank in Syria killing the three crew members.

Dangerous times indeed.

Particularly dangerous when folks are willing to repeat absolute lies.

Got a credible source for your “killed around 100 Russian soldiers” story?

The US did bomb pro-regime forces. They did estimate casualties at about 100. Those forces were using Russian equipment.

But that is NOT the same as Russian Soldiers.

Last edited:
We don't advertise our own maneuvers.

That all being said I think its good practice to keep military on their toes as long as no lives lost. Many successful suprise attack seems to be someone asleep at he wheel historically.

Russia vs. the USA...

It's all a side show created by business partners.

"Old Americans" fall the BIG BAD RUSSIAN stuff with surprising uniformity.

Unfortunately, not where it counts.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

How's that supposed to help during the doom?

Use it to barter for food, ammo, fresh water, safe passage out of the wastelands.
For some, oil and filters are their life, they will trade for anything you need.

Russian submarines passing through our naval patrols, our sonar nets, laying off our largest cities, listening to our rock and roll while they conduct missile drills?

Next stop: Havana.

i7tXaSL.jpg

Originally Posted By: Astro14

Dangerous times indeed.

The US did bomb pro-regime forces. They did estimate casualties at about 100. Those forces were using Russian equipment.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/13/17008446/us-troops-syria-russia-mercenaries-killed

We call them "private contractors", they call them "volunteer fighters".

Originally Posted By: Kira
Russia vs. the USA...

It's all a side show created by business partners.

"Old Americans" fall the BIG BAD RUSSIAN stuff with surprising uniformity.

Unfortunately, not where it counts.

Have you ever ----
lived in Russia, or a country of the former Soviet Union?
visited one of the above?
known anyone that lived through the horror of Soviet occupied countries?
If not, go, see for yourself, experience the evil empire first hand, and then tell us it is only a sideshow.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

Next stop: Havana.

i7tXaSL.jpg

I see it is one of your favorite movies too!
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to know the script!
Well done!

Originally Posted By: PimTac
IBTL

The bigger question is, who is BalticBob?

That is double top secret, G-2 classified, "for your eyes only",
on a need to know basis information.....and you don't need to know.
Who is PimTac from the SS of W?

21.gif

Dangerous times indeed.

Absolutely true. And the entire middle east is filled with Russian military gear, tanks, weapons, etc., not all operated by Russians. Russia is not our friend and has been actively countering us in many ways, both clandestine and openly...

I seriously doubt the average Russian citizen on the street enjoys this stupid cat and mouse game any more than we do. When you scrape away politics, and politicians, and get down the real people of any country, all they want is freedom, security and prosperity for both them and their children. Some how this rather obvious fact escapes the brain trust in the political world. In other words politicians have little concern for the desires of the public.
I can’t say this for sure but I have a feeling the general Russian public doesn’t give a darn about the Crimea or the Ukraine; they’d rather have a sanction free relationship with the rest of the world and just live a normal life.

A few days ago an American warship was engaged in training exercises with our NATO allies.
Russian fighter jets from airbases in the Kaliningrad Oblast flew extremely close
to our naval vessel, a very dangerous maneuver.
Serious business, these Russians.
What is next?
Dangerous times we live in.
And happy Valentine's Day!

Sounds a lot like what they did in the 80s.

Doesn’t really worry me...

If you only knew how low and fast I flew by a Russian “fishing trawler” that was shadowing our carrier off the East Coast, you wouldn’t find what they’re doin now so objectionable.

Media wants to make a big deal out of it, so you’ll watch their show, or click on their story, but the Russian behavior is nothing new at all.

In the 60s I flew as a crew member of a P2V7 Neptune patrol plane(VP11). Pre P3 Orion aircraft. We buzzed the Soviet fishing fleet that included spy intel ship off the northeast coast. We rigged them at 30 ft off the water, photographing all the ships. Also we caught a Soviet sub on swim call in the Med in the summer of 1966. we buzzed it at 20 ft over the sub three times giving them the international piece sign. LOL. So this stuff is normal in peace time and has been going on for decades.

In the 60s I flew as a crew member of a P2V7 Neptune patrol plane(VP11). Pre P3 Orion aircraft. We buzzed the Soviet fishing fleet that included spy intel ship off the northeast coast. We rigged them at 30 ft off the water, photographing all the ships. Also we caught a Soviet sub on swim call in the Med in the summer of 1966. we buzzed it at 20 ft over the sub three times giving them the international piece sign. LOL. So this stuff is normal in peace time and has been going on for decades.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your military service!
It must have been very exciting, but that was nothing compared to the pilot skills of Tom Cruise in Top Gun, flying upside down over a Soviet MIG!
Was he good or what?
That was real, wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back