Walmart wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored 4 225 40 18's for Jetta online thru Walmart. 5 days later shipped to store. Called to confirm, yep good to go. Showed up for install,figured as long as i was there, what the heck. Well, could only find three. Left it there over night. Wouldnt you know, "manager" called, dont have any sockets thin enough to fit in rim. Suggest they call snap on rep, get one. Crickets. Told them hands off, i'll come get it. Brought deep 17mm 3/8 drive crftsman socket, 3/8 torque wrench. Spun 2 bolts out right there while they watched. Manager said can't use tools like that. Threw tires in trunk. Adios.

I had road debris destroy an RT43 Wal-Mart carried. Ordered one in. Took them 20 minutes to find it after I was told to come in to have installed. Noticed guys just standing around not doing much. Mostly young. That is the last time I went there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Ugh...cant expect much from WM.

Waiting to check out with some Delo & QSUD today … youngster at the cash register is putting the old 3 months stuff on a guy with a +/- 4 year old Ram 1500. Owner is twice this guys age and trying to tell him the dealership said go by miles or OLM …
Got tired of it and did a sermon on the OLM algorithms … (guy has PP in the sump).
The WM youngster immediately took on the “this is me not listening” act ~ the truck owner thanked me but said no thanks to the oil change (he was there for a battery) …
Thought this 3 month scam was long over … go figure …

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

There are people in America that think that's a career job!

And what's wrong with that, exactly? It's honest work.

Honest work yes, management no. Pay em well, train em well, keep em well. No ASE emblems,patches anywhere to be seen.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

There are people in America that think that's a career job!

And what's wrong with that, exactly? It's honest work.

Don’t get me wrong … we have a very experienced mechanic in our Walmart … had his own shop for a few years.
He was working on vehicles while the kid worked the register and his “sales magic” …

Actually felt kind of sorry/ embarassed for the tech. Young gal,had a stack of LOF work orders, tire installs. Looked like the only tech for 4-5 bays.
IF management had given here adequate shop supplies, work environment its probably 30-40 minutes and out the door."Manager" left her hanging in the wind. Even tried to help boost her ticket by adding on injection cleaning. Rank heavy operation, grunts are the tip of the spear.

I worked at a WM tyre n loob for three months before I quit. After experiencing first hand how they are managed, I will never let them touch anything I own. I do let them take my used oil jugs, though.

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
Noticed guys just standing around not doing much. Mostly young.

Lack of focus for sure. I have never thought WM Lube was a "ripoff" or anything like that, but WM auto simply lacks focus and tries to get by with too many kids doing the work.

Last time in I saw 4 employees in the Auto center. Two boys and one female cashier was hanging out in the garage laughing and acting silly, while what appeared to be the "manager" was popping in and out spending time in another area of the store, apparently oblivious to the cars stacking up and lack of work going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back