The New Tax Law...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm retired so no but, I think that most people I've spoken to have gotten their difference via bonuses as opposed to their regular checks.

About 2-3 percent more each paycheck, due to the lower marginal rates.

Not going to drastically change my fiscal picture, but far better than a kick in the head.

I did up my 401(k) contribution so part of the tax cut is going there instead of into my pocket.

FWIW, YMMV

15.00 more every 2 weeks... Wow wee...
frown.gif

The withholding amount is interesting but the real deal will be how much you pay the IRS. Given the limitations on deducting state and local taxes, I am not hopeful.

NY and a few other states are going to sue Trump over the tax bill targeting blue states.

I've got a few more dollars in my pay as a result of this misbegotten piece of economic ignorance.
While a little more discretionary income is always nice, it makes little sense in a healthy and growing economy that couldn't throw off enough tax revenue to cover federal expenditures even before the rate reduction.
Should I be happy that my wee grandson will be reaping the bitter fruits of our profligacy when he is my age and I am long in the ground?
Time to turn the lights up, end the party and start dealing with the real issues we face as a nation.

Extra 2.6%. Not sure what I’ll do with all this extra piles of money!

Why again is a massive fiscal policy being put into place when we have a 4.1% unemployment rate? That primarily benefits the wealthy?

Now folks are getting political.

I don't think the question was do you like the tax cut, or are states suing, or did it target states, or was it a good idea.

I'm pretty sure the question was, "Has anyone noticed a big difference in there paycheck under the New Tax Law?"

Pretty much a yes or no question. You could add how much you've seen without getting political.

Save the political comments for your representatives in Congress.

I see a positive difference. I don’t really”see” my check the way my salary is deposited with all of the savings and 8nsurance deductions. Even as a homeowner my intrest rate and taxes are so low I look forward to my doubled standard deduction for next year. If I ever moveI will not consider real estate as a tax incentive.

java is bucking for mod status I guess, since he's appointed himself thread policeman.
Threads drift here to account for reality, but everyone should already know that.
There is nothing inherently political in questioning the wisdom of decisions and this thread invited that in any case.
Steal from future generations to fatten my pot now?
What's not to like?
This isn't political but is rather typical of how many seem to think these days.

Just been around long enough to know that if we keep going down that path, the thread will be locked or just disappear.

Feel free to ignore my comment.

I just don't want to see this get locked. Not bucking for anything other than that.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
java is bucking for mod status I guess, since he's appointed himself thread policeman.
Threads drift here to account for reality, but everyone should already know that.
There is nothing inherently political in questioning the wisdom of decisions and this thread invited that in any case.
Steal from future generations to fatten my pot now?
What's not to like?
This isn't political but is rather typical of how many seem to think these days.

My apologies, you're right.
A good dose of reality isn't always welcomed here and may be dismissed as "political" even when it really isn't.
Reality sometimes bites, and there's nothing political about it.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
My apologies, you're right.
A good dose of reality isn't always welcomed here and may be dismissed as "political" even when it really isn't.
Reality sometimes bites, and there's nothing political about it.

Maybe we need to do another round on Rat’s oil ranking system to cool folks off
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
About 2-3 percent more each paycheck, due to the lower marginal rates.

Not going to drastically change my fiscal picture, but far better than a kick in the head.

I did up my 401(k) contribution so part of the tax cut is going there instead of into my pocket.

FWIW, YMMV

Do you contribute the maximum yearly limit for a 401K ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back