2013 Honda CRV TPMS Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how to reset the TPMS light on the above vehicle? I checked the tire pressure and rotated the ties on my daughters vehicle and the light came on. I've checked the air pressures again and they are correct.

She drove about 50 miles before the light came on. On her way home the light came on and has still not gone out. I know on my 2015 Civic Si that there is a function to reset the light but I don't see that on her 2013 CRV.

Originally Posted By: dgunay
Just drive +- 50 miles and see if the light disappears. Usually Hondas calibrate tpms itself.

Not really sure why it even came on after the rotation on her CRV.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
For a Civic, it usually goes away within 5-10 miles.

The procedure to initialize the TPMS on Hondas from what the dealer techs told me and I've seen many times during a PDI was to quickly depressurize all the tires once the fuse that protects the TPMS ECM was installed. The system has to see a rapid air loss to "wake up".

The 2014-2017 Accords use an ABS-based system and probably other models - there's a menu to reinitalize the TPMS in the dash cluster's service menu accessed via the steering wheel. I would imagine the newer CR-Vs are that way too. I recall doing this on my cousin's Accord Hybrid.

Last edited:
There is A and B maintenance step access thru the vehicle maintenance info; If you rotate the tires you'll need to go there and opt for B reset; this sends the information that you did the necessary rotation and I think this will turn it off

Our CRV also have the tire pressure reset button that is used in case of an emergency, such as tire puncture or any low air pressure level in tires;

No, I believe that was available on the 2014+ models.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Does this have a TPMS button on the lower left part of the dash? If so KOEO and push the button.

I will try that option and see what happens.

Originally Posted By: miden851
There is A and B maintenance step access thru the vehicle maintenance info; If you rotate the tires you'll need to go there and opt for B reset; this sends the information that you did the necessary rotation and I think this will turn it off

Our CRV also have the tire pressure reset button that is used in case of an emergency, such as tire puncture or any low air pressure level in tires;

Last edited:
The light came on after driving about an hour and stayed on for the hour ride back home. I spoke with her this afternoon and she said the light went off this morning when she started the car and has not come back on.

Originally Posted By: ls973800
Any help here for you, says driving 30 minutes or more is needed.

Honda TPMS Reset

There’s TPMS and a low tire light. TPMS is a system fault light. Low tire light is what it is. My wife’s 08 CRV had the TPMS light come on and had a faulty sensor. Ended up changing all 4.

Correct it was the low pressure light that came on and eventually went out.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
There’s TPMS and a low tire light. TPMS is a system fault light. Low tire light is what it is. My wife’s 08 CRV had the TPMS light come on and had a faulty sensor. Ended up changing all 4.

Huh? None of that makes sense.

Most autos have the TPMS that needn't be calibrated but some incl my Toyota I need to press the trip switch 3 times every 3 sec and it recalibrates.

Check owners manual (which most of the time is useless) or get onto Youtube

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech

Huh? None of that makes sense.

Same here. ???

On the newer CRVs, I recall there being a special tpms reset procedure after certain repairs. On a 2017 that I reflashed the adaptive cruise module on, the service bulletin stated to hit the tpms reset button multiple times in a row to clear the learned values. I suggest getting a 1 day subscription to Honda Service Express and reviewing the tpms reset procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back