Most miles u put on a vehicle in a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically I drive about 15K per year. Since we purchased the newer Camry, it has been less since that car is superior for longer trips. We have tried to drop our mileage down to save on maintenance costs and fuel. Over the course of 6.5 months of owning the newer Camry we have put 13K on it. Years ago in the Grand Prix, mom averaged 35K per year. Travel Hockey puts about half of those miles on that car.

I do apprx 30k Km a year divided between both the TL and MDX... some years has been 50/50...
It all depends on the demand to carry gear to the cottage.. some years lean to one and then the other for the next..
J.

About 21k in a year. Usually we put on about 17-19k in a year, we are actually pretty consistent year to year.

For each and every one of the past 20 years, I've ridden more miles yearly on 2 wheels (motorcycle and bicycle), than I have driven in a truck or car.

For example... in 2017.
Miles ridden on motorcycle or bicycle: 10,700
Miles driven in my pickup: 6,250

And I live in Illinois, where the riding season is only about 6 months out of the year.... I'm not in the south, where I could ride year around.

Originally Posted By: VintageBikesUSA
I picked up a C6 Vert (convertible Vette) this time last year with 165k on her and ended up putting 25,000 miles on her in the year of 2017. I put another 12,000 on my Titan pickup. From my research both of these V8's (6.0 & 5.6) are 3000 to 5000 hr motors and I would hop in either one and drive them to Cali and back without a worry.

Yeah, when you look at auto engines in terms of engine hours, it's surprising yet very do-able in cars and
trucks unlike airplanes that take off at 105% power and cruise at 70% throttle most of the
time! Imagine a 300Hp V6 car using 250Hp nearly all the time - you'd never make it to 5,000 hrs!

The average car only uses 25Hp at a steady hiway cruise on flat ground! That's why flying cars, if they ever come
won't be getting 30MPGs, they'd have the throttle way up to stay aloft! LOL

Fun fact: I got into the OBDII data on the daily driver and saw my fuel trims are running 11% low, ie, lightfooting
it! I wonder if you can judge if a used car is driven hard if fuel trims are say, + 15%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back