'11 Toyota Sienna Napa Full Synthetic 0w20 10k oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Toyota Sienna 3.5L V6 2GR-FE
70,000 miles on van
10,057 miles on sample (oil in use about 12 months)
Napa Full Synthetic 0w20 (no makeup oil added)
mostly trips of 15 miles or less, with occasional longer highway trips

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
Nice TBN, oh wait, you didn't pay for it.

Actually, I did pay for it. It's on my receipt when I paid in advance. Checking with them now as to why they didn't provide that....

Unusual to see Mo, B, and Mg in a NAPA/Valvoline product. What oils were used the last couple of OCIs before this one?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Carbon12
Unusual to see Mo, B, and Mg in a NAPA/Valvoline product. What oils were used the last couple of OCIs?

I'm pretty sure Pennzoil Platinum was used during some previous changes before switching to the Napa Syn. Hard to remember exactly.

On those extended OCI's you never know with out getting the TBN. That's what I was hope to see on this test because there are so many people on here that Poo Poo the NAPA full Synthetic trying to suggest its a 7500 mile oil or less.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Good looking report. That NAPA Synthetic did very well

+1

I contacted Blackstone and they sent me the TBN results for my sample. They really are a nice group of people to deal with.

Here is the amended report. The TBN came in at 3.6.

From the much lower Calcium and sodium levels I'm taking this to be new Dexos 1 Gen2 Napa/Valvoline oils. How long did it take you to accumulate the 10,000+ miles? Looks good!

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Well so much for the old Poo Poo guys were suggesting that NAPA wasn't a good OCI extended full synthetic.

+1

+2

Well said Johnny Johnson. This does look quite good. Viscosity held up just fine for that mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back