Any chain restaurant advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the coming days, planning to go out for dinner or a lunch with a few people - provided whatever is cheaper
smile.gif

Was wondering if anyone know of any specials or a website which should be consulted, like Red Lobster and Bonefish Grill are running specials, you got the idea?
laugh.gif

So I am all ears and thanks for the help
thumbsup2.gif

The only chain restaurant I can say is OK and I am sure it depends on each location Outback steak house is good. I eat grass fed beef and the feed lot beef has a sour taste to me.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
If a member of Costco or Sam's they sell gift cards to restaraunts usually $80 for $100 so instant 20% savings.

You are a smart man, do you know if they would have for Red Lobster or similar? Preferably a seafood place
smile.gif

Never heard of Bonefish Grill. Been to Red Lobster many times, always had good food and service there. If you have Texas Roadhouse around, they have great steaks and reasonable prices. Olive Garden is usually pretty good.

I'd maybe look for a good locally owned place instead of a chain.

Thanks, I prefer local place too. But they can be pricey since they don't run specials, unfortunately
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Thanks, I prefer local place too. But they can be pricey since they don't run specials, unfortunately
frown.gif

Actually, they do.
The local places have websites too and often offer coupons/deals.
Even without these, they can be a real deal as compared to the generic food restaurant chains.

Look on Groupon for local deals. Lots of restaurants around here have really good specials on Groupon, plus there are usually promo codes that give an additional discount off what's already a good deal.

Another good place to go with a group of people is a Hibachi grill place like Benihana. They usually have great food and you get a little entertainment while your food is prepared right in front of you.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Never heard of Bonefish Grill. Been to Red Lobster many times, always had good food and service there. If you have Texas Roadhouse around, they have great steaks and reasonable prices. Olive Garden is usually pretty good.

I'd maybe look for a good locally owned place instead of a chain.

Happy that Texas Roadhouse eventually opened restaurants in Texas …
wink.gif

I have mixed feelings on chains vs mom and pop. Chains always have the best quality control whereas mom and pops are always a hit or miss.

i've had good times and eats at Outback, Mel's and Olive Garden.

Olive Garden soup and salad combo is very good and filling. Endless portions. You eat what they bring, just ask for another round
smile.gif

Outback has my favorite special running now. Steak and Lobster for $15.99. Get the lobster steamed not grilled. That comes with sides or a loaded baked potato and all that delicious bread with butter.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Long John Silvers usually has specials.
lol.gif

I recommend the thick cut cod basket
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back