Can anyone run a CarFax for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VIN is 1FADP5AU8DL549094

This is a car I'm considering as a project, and I know that it has a record of theft, a couple of accidents in the past, including airbag deployment. Wanting to see if/where the airbags were replaced. Also the title appears clear and clean, but I want to verify that as well. Thank you!

Last edited:
I don't think CarFax is very reliable in Michigan. I've had several accident damaged vehicles with $10K+ dealer repairs that never showed up on CarFax.

You can do carfax and autocheck. If you search for Autocheck report on eBay, you find people selling Autocheck/Carfax for $3.60 for both reports.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
You can do carfax and autocheck. If you search for Autocheck report on eBay, you find people selling Autocheck/Carfax for $3.60 for both reports.

Can those even be trusted???

Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Can those even be trusted???

I haven't used the eBay ones, but did use discount ones before in the past. I think they piggyback off some volume dealer license. It's kinda hard to fake a carfax/autocheck. For $3.60 via paypal, I don't think there's much to risk.

I can run free basic Autocheck reports through my Manheim account. It will list title status and any accidents, but won't go into detail unless the full report is purchased. It appears that this car had been in 2 reported accidents and has a clean title.

There’s a free app called “myCarFax”. It isn’t complete but st least tells you something. All I can see from that app is that it has 4 open recalls for seatbelts and a door latch, and 2 servicings year’s back at a dealer. No other details.

But a real CarFax report would probably show more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back