2016 F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, I have been off the board for awhile (some family issues), and wanted to share a new to me 16 F150 Super Crew. Bought this in November, just shy of 21K on the clock.
5.0 V8, XLT (Base 300 package). I don't need all the tech stuff, just cruise, bluetooth, and satellite radio.

After 2500 miles, I am happy with my purchase. The Coyote is delivering 19mpg average (computer lies by 2 mpg) and has adequate power for my needs. The 6R80 transmission was a little sluggish in shifting when cold, but a firmware update seems to have solved that. The aluminum body is pretty tight, no squeaks and the doors shut with a nice thump. The back end is a little light, and traction control kicks in when the roads are wet. The Michelin LTX (stock) 17s are not very sticky. The ride is good for a pickup truck and is happy putting along at 75 on the interstate or around town.

I managed to get the service records from Ford's OASIS system and it had a solenoid replaced in the transmission at 15K and a wheel bearing replaced at 19K. Not major issues. Was serviced about every 7500 at the dealer for OCI and rotations.

I plan on changing the bulk oil at 25K mark, and putting in a synthetic oil and Fram XG and run until IOLM tells me to change. Has an 7.7qt sump and I drive 75% highway miles.

I miss my Sonata's 31 mpg, but got tired of borrowing a truck or paying for delivery on household stuff.

\
Last picture is after I added step rails/nerf bars.
Dave

The wheels are the stock painted aluminum 17 inch, but it has a chrome cover (has Ford oval) not sure if they were an option or a dealer add on. This was a Hertz fleet (corporate muckety muck) vehicle, according to Hertz, when I bought it. Was not in rental service.

Dave

Nice truck-- and welcome back --

There has been some debate here about using 20 or 30 grade oil in the Coyote...curious what you are planning?

Sharp truck - I had 16 F150 5.0 Supercrew as a rental once and I loved it. Took it on a few 2.5 hour trips, the comfort was amazing and the engine is powerful and makes a glorious sound. Literally had no complaints or anything I didn't like about it.

Shame the turbos and the direct injection will blow up right after the warranty ends. /sarcasm

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Be prepared for single digit MPGs when towing even a modest load. Sharp truck, I like the red too.

It's a 5.0, not an EcoBoost.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Be prepared for single digit MPGs when towing even a modest load. Sharp truck, I like the red too.

It's a 5.0, not an EcoBoost.

Yup, seen plenty of posts where guys got 13-ish towing 7000 lbs with the 5.0.

Sharp truck, Dave.

Personally I would commend your choice of 5.0 NA over boosted lil V6. I have driven a 17 2.7 truck and the power of those engines is incredible, but they are in boost almost all the time and have yet to convince me.

Enjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back