Switching Oil Filters At WM Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...lma#Post4647602

In the thread quoted up above, my son made that post about 2.5 weeks ago. He and I had gone to my local WM and we were looking at the Mobil 1 oil filters for my trucks engine. I had found a ST filter in one box and a dirty receipt in another box. As I was getting ready to snap a pic of said 2 filter boxes, a RENT A COP intervened and told me I couldn't do that, took the boxes from me, and disappeared into the back stock room.
FF to this AM. I went to my local WM to pick up my meds, by myself this time. I went to go look around the auto section, filters in particular. What do I spot? 2 ratty looking Mobil1 boxes. Below is pic of what I found in ONLY 1 box this time! It's the same Mobil 1 box with a ST filter in it! And this time that box contained the oily receipt I found in another Mobil 1 filter box last time! And MALL COP DETECTIVE was not there this time to stop me from taking a pic! BTW, I left it on the shelf as is in the pic.

You can't take pictures in any chain store ... Of course with a phone, they have no control. But walk in with a real camera and start snapping away, and you will be stopped ...

I personally do not mind paying a few $$ more for oil or filters at a part store just to avoid going to Wal Mart. Probably been 7-8 years since I have bough anything from wally world.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
So you can't take pictures inside of WalMart?

Do it all the time.

So do I that's why I was a wondering out loud.

Originally Posted By: littleant
Funny how things work out You were stopped by security from taking pictures BUT no one thought to check the box when filter was returned. Oh well.
And that is all on time stamped video tape with the return also being time stamped.

What gets me is, THEY (WM) knew this was wrong, yet, they still put the SAME switched oil filter back on the shelf! Were they playing the game this time to absolve THEIR loss?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
What gets me is, THEY (WM) knew this was wrong, yet, they still put the SAME switched oil filter back on the shelf! Were they playing the game this time to absolve THEIR loss?

here's a thought, maybe the MALL COP was the guy who's been returning/swapping filters! Because it ends up back on the shelf! hmm.. I wonder who put it back.. let..me..think.. oh.. MALL COP!

If it doesn't have a seal, I open the oil and taste it to make sure it's fresh. Have seen resealed bottles with used oil in them too many times. I also look at the oil filter for quality isssues and to make sure it the right p/n

Call the store manager shown on the sales receipt for that store and let them know someone working at the store put the same filter back on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
If it doesn't have a seal, I open the oil and taste it to make sure it's fresh. Have seen resealed bottles with used oil in them too many times. I also look at the oil filter for quality isssues and to make sure it the right p/n

I will do a lot to save money and take care of my car. Tasting oil is not one of them.
grin.gif

So what happened? Someone bought a M1 filter and a ST filter, used the M1 filter and then put the ST filter in the M1 box and returned it for a refund?

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
So what happened? Someone bought a M1 filter and a ST filter, used the M1 filter and then put the ST filter in the M1 box and returned it for a refund?
Or put the M1 filter in an ST box and paid the ST price instead of the M1 price.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
So you can't take pictures inside of WalMart?

Its a free country. I'll take any pictures I damm well please. Store security can ASK me not to, but if I want to take a picture, then I am taking a picture. Of course, as agents for the property, they can ask me leave as well.

By the way, if I found that (an empty Mobil 1 box with a Supertech filter in it) I would have torn the box into pieces and dropped it into the nearest trash can. Its an empty box. Its trash. It serves no purpose. You already tried to rectify the situation, and the store employee failed, so I see nothing wrong with fixing the problem on your own so that some other unsuspecting consumer isn't ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back