What 30wt oil for old case diesel backhoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old case backhoe calls for 30wt oil what’s every one using ? Should I stay with 30wt or switch to a 15-40wt or do they make a 15-30wt for the old equipment 1970 ish?

I personally use the newer 15W-40 in my older diesels and they run great. I still however run Sae 40 in my Detroit Diesel, but will soon be trying the newer Shell 15W-40 in that as well. There are a lot of companies making 10W-30 diesel oils, but only a few making 15W-30 diesel oils. I run 15W-40 year round and have had no issues.

Originally Posted By: 2004tdigls
this is probably your best dino 30w choice

http://www.chevronlubricants.com/en_US/products/products/Delo_400_SD_SAE_15W-30.html

+100
smile.gif
Very stout oil.

If you have a TSC (Tractor Supply Company) nearby, they prolly have all the mono-grades you could ask for.

But, if it's getting up in total hours (some bearing & ring wear), it'll be fine on 15W-40. Mystic JT8 is a very good HDEO

JT8
smile.gif

Last edited:
A310, I prolly would not switch to the Rotella in your Detroit 2-stroke. It is well documented that the ring/port interference eats multi-grades and in turn, the liners and rings go away ...

They really do want a mono-grade
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: salesrep
I would stay with a 30 weight

+1

Why change after 40+ years? Rotella makes a good straight 30 weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back