New Oil Or Grease You Want To Try In 2018 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the title states , are there any new firearms greases or oils you want to try in 2018 ? ...For me : ALG Go-Juice 0000 and G-96 Synthetic oil.

I pretty much have enough various oils, greases, and lubricants on hand to lubricate all of my firearms long after I have dissolved into dust. I'll have a hard enough time using them up without buying more.

They last so long, I'll be hard-pressed to use up what I've got!

E.G. I've got a tub of Mobil 1 (Garand use), two containers of Liquimoly Guntec, and two containers of TW-25B for use on the slides of automatics. At my current shooting rate of several thousand rounds per year, and looking at the rate of depletion of those containers, I've got about 30 years of Garand grease, and 20 years of slide grease.

Don't even get me started on Gun oil...I finally finished up a 2.5 oz bottle of gun oil that I bought at the NEX in the early 1990s...you could tell from the "0.97" simple price tag...so, if that lasted 25 years...I've got a few hundred years of gun oil...

Maybe I should just slather it all over my guns - then I would be able to justify trying something new...

I will add that I got some AMSOIL gun oil from Pablo, and it looks to be good stuff. Works well. But a couple of 4oz bottles are going to last a while. I am a fan of the AMSOIL gun cleaner. Leaves a protective oily film when wiped off. One step cleaning with a remaining protective oil. Very useful stuff. That I go through a bit more quickly. Only took me a few months to use up a 5oz aerosol of that.

I've ordered a few more...

Last edited:
It takes so little that I dont really think I need to buy anything.

I visited BoreTech in PA last year, got a tour and had great discussions with the owner/CEO. Great place, great company IMO. I have some of their rimfire blend that I look forward to using.

I have lots of slip 2000 EWL, but I am tempted to try WeaponShield per Billt460's recommendation. Its fairly $$ stuff to justify when I have plenty of other stuff to use, so that may get deferred to 2019 or 2020...

Originally Posted By: billt460
I pretty much have enough various oils, greases, and lubricants on hand to lubricate all of my firearms long after I have dissolved into dust. I'll have a hard enough time using them up.

Same here.

No more firearms lube purchases for me for as long as I am still alive.

Last year was Eezox, G96 Sythentic CLP, Mpro7 gun cleaner and Mpro7 LPX gun oil. The Eezox and Mpro7 gun cleaner were the only products I would buy again.

This year, super slick stuff and weaponshield perhaps?

I didn't know AMSOIL made gun lubes ??
Originally Posted By: Astro14
They last so long, I'll be hard-pressed to use up what I've got!

E.G. I've got a tub of Mobil 1 (Garand use), two containers of Liquimoly Guntec, and two containers of TW-25B for use on the slides of automatics. At my current shooting rate of several thousand rounds per year, and looking at the rate of depletion of those containers, I've got about 30 years of Garand grease, and 20 years of slide grease.

Don't even get me started on Gun oil...I finally finished up a 2.5 oz bottle of gun oil that I bought at the NEX in the early 1990s...you could tell from the "0.97" simple price tag...so, if that lasted 25 years...I've got a few hundred years of gun oil...

Maybe I should just slather it all over my guns - then I would be able to justify trying something new...

I will add that I got some AMSOIL gun oil from Pablo, and it looks to be good stuff. Works well. But a couple of 4oz bottles are going to last a while. I am a fan of the AMSOIL gun cleaner. Leaves a protective oily film when wiped off. One step cleaning with a remaining protective oil. Very useful stuff. That I go through a bit more quickly. Only took me a few months to use up a 5oz aerosol of that.

I've ordered a few more...

Not a good experience with the G96 ??
Originally Posted By: AMC
Last year was Eezox, G96 Sythentic CLP, Mpro7 gun cleaner and Mpro7 LPX gun oil. The Eezox and Mpro7 gun cleaner were the only products I would buy again.

This year, super slick stuff and weaponshield perhaps?

AMSOIL does make gun lube and gun cleaner.

I like them both.

And they're cheap compared with much of what's on the market!

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
For me : ALG Go-Juice 0000 and G-96 Synthetic oil.

Two very good lubes. I have been using the ALG very thin 0000 since it came out and its my favorite lube by far.

Like others said, I'm flush on grease for good while (Slide-Glide on the Sigs and old rifles and TW-25 on the 1911 and XDs). But, almost out of oil...

I'm tired of the smell of Break-Free CLP and even though I've been very happy with Slip-2000 Gun Lube l feel like they have just pushed the price too high.

I'm going to wind back the clock and give Clenzoil Field and Range another shot

Not a good experience with the G96 ??

Not a bad experience but not a great one either. It is a decent CLP and will do the job but I am not big on CLP's in general. The deal breaker for me with G96 synthetic CLP is the price. $16 for 4 ounces is the lowest price I can find on it and it doesn't appear to be sold in large quantity at discount either. 4 dollars per OUNCE is just insane.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I still have my tube of Super Tech Moly grease that I paid about $3.75 with tax. I don't think I will be needing any for a long time.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Moly-Grease-14-oz/16928003

Every time I want to be mentally refreshed at how insanely overpriced "gun greases" are, I take a walk down the grease and lubricant isle at either Wal-Mart or Pep Boy's.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I still have my tube of Super Tech Moly grease that I paid about $3.75 with tax. I don't think I will be needing any for a long time.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Moly-Grease-14-oz/16928003

Every time I want to be mentally refreshed at how insanely overpriced "gun greases" are, I take a walk down the grease and lubricant isle at either Wal-Mart or Pep Boy's.

I take it that's a good thing?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Astro14
AMSOIL does make gun lube and gun cleaner.

I like them both.

And they're cheap compared with much of what's on the market!

Amsoil might have the most complete line of lubricants out there … but I only buy niche things like transfer case fluid etc …

What color is the Super Tech Moly grease??

The tube I purchased was BLACK. (Molybdenum Disulfide is a silvery black solid that occurs as the mineral molybdenite). I ended up throwing it out because it got on, and ruined the fleece lining of a good gun case I have. Not to mention if you get any on your hands while shooting, you'll get it EVERYWHERE. Clothes, the steering wheel of your car, other shooting equipment, name it.

I'm not saying it's not a good product with good lubrication qualities, because it is. But I've found the stuff is way too messy for general firearms use, and gets everywhere. I'll stick with White Lithium, Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease, (transparent red), or else Weapon Shield Grease. Nothing black.

What color is the Super Tech Moly grease??

The tube I purchased was BLACK. (Molybdenum Disulfide is a silvery black solid that occurs as the mineral molybdenite). I ended up throwing it out because it got on, and ruined the fleece lining of a good gun case I have. Not to mention if you get any on your hands while shooting, you'll get it EVERYWHERE. Clothes, the steering wheel of your car, other shooting equipment, name it.

I'm not saying it's not a good product with good lubrication qualities, because it is. But I've found the stuff is way too messy for general firearms use, and gets everywhere. I'll stick with White Lithium, Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease, (transparent red), or else Weapon Shield Grease. Nothing black.

I never used it on firearms (used on many boat trailer bearings) … but Mystik JT6 (regular, not the high temp) is an almost clear grease easy to find at TSC stores or online … made in both popular tube sizes and other …(like spray)
(In the green tube)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back