RIP chlorine containing products 1930-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: red7404
about "chlorine containing products". i think i read that when the chlorine works right it does ok. but if the chemistry go bad, its VERY bad. i hope i remembered correctly. if i didnt ill except your thoughts.

I read that too somewhere. Like doing a white wash, the right amount gets whiter whites, too much will ruin the clothes.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: MolaKule

I am still seeking an answer as to what advantages it has for modern engines and oils.
As a quick flush for a sludged engine, maybe?

It is amazing as a fuel additive in aircraft piston engines that run leaded gasoline,
to help scavenge the lead by-products out of the engine.

I would like to see a scientific analysis of whether it benefits high mileage modern engines, or not (as a fuel additive, specifically)

The scavenging is done by the Chlorinated Hydrocarbons of orthodichlorobenzene compnent, a Strong solvent and decarbonizer.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...MMO#Post3442362

Berryman's B-12 has this component as well at 1/3 the price.

Chlorinated Paraffins are still used in the metalworking industry as a component of cutting fluids, but are changing over to water soluble sulfurized esters.

Last edited:
Now all can start crying. Anyone know what NaCl is ?????? Na is sodium, it has been put in exhaust valve stems, and if exposed to H2o it reacts violently. Cl its the main topic in this thread how how nasty that Clorine is right?
Well prepare to be shocked you eat this stuff all the time, that is every time you grab a salt shaker or eat anything with salt in it. The take something away from us agenda's are getting old.

Originally Posted By: Exhaustgases
Now all can start crying. Anyone know what NaCl is ?????? Na is sodium, it has been put in exhaust valve stems, and if exposed to H2o it reacts violently. Cl its the main topic in this thread how how nasty that Clorine is right?
Well prepare to be shocked you eat this stuff all the time, that is every time you grab a salt shaker or eat anything with salt in it. The take something away from us agenda's are getting old.

What does elemental sodium or chlorine have to do with this? Or sodium chloride?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Exhaustgases

What does elemental sodium or chlorine have to do with this? Or sodium chloride?

happy2.gif
Didn't you know? This is the info big oil keeps down.

That elemental sodium they insert into the valves is why internal combustion engines can run using water as fuel, but they'll never tell you that. So we use gasoline instead to enrich Big Oil. And the elemental chlorine makes it delicious, but don't let Big Flavor find out or they'll shut it down.

Wake up sheeple!
50.gif

i have a BIG Q for MolaKule. what are your thoughts on the relationship of those items to each other on your list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back