Good part time jobs in the winter time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are good part time jobs in the winter? Preferably the night shift that way it doesn't interfere with my lawn care business. You would think working the night shift would be an easy job to find since many people prefer to work during the day.

I would think stocking shelves at a food place or Walmart would be good. Our local IGA closes @ 10PM but basically there are people there 24 hours a day.

Don't have to deal with navigating around shoppers, and maybe they change the musak to something worth listening to

I would suggest spending your time on education or job skills. You seem inquisitive and eager to learn.

I delivered propane to people that live way out in the boonies for a few months one winter. It was a very fun job. I got to go off roading in a propane delicery very truck every day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
What are good part time jobs in the winter? Preferably the night shift that way it doesn't interfere with my lawn care business. You would think working the night shift would be an easy job to find since many people prefer to work during the day.

Dang! until I saw your location i was gonna Suggest what most folks with lawn care jobs around here do in the winter, Plow Snow!

up here in the rustbelt, most landscapers spend the winter contracted to plow/salt Driveways and parking lots.
and a lot of it is done at night.

you just need to move North!

Security in the petrochem industry. The guards out here make $10-$15hr. Easy, but boring work. Thought about it myself since I'm 4-on, 4-off.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I would suggest spending your time on education or job skills. You seem inquisitive and eager to learn.

Absolutely agree. If you don’t have at least a two year degree or trade you are not easily employed if things change in your lawncare business.

I always figured it'd be a cool gig to do maintenance work on office buildings during the graveyard shift. They give you a list of things that need to be fixed, and you go in each night and work alone.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Transporter in a hospital for the evening shift so you can meet lots of nice nurses.

There you go! Or, what about waiting tables in a good restaurant? Tips can be pretty good.

Maybe work nights and weekends at a retail store. Those kinds of jobs are perfect for part time supplemental work.

If you have a fuel efficient vehicle - then Uber/Lyft could be an option too. In my area sometimes I made up to $350- $400 (tips included) per night (Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights) simply driving drunk people home or in between parties. It was a fun job, on my own schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back